Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cleaning Interiors of Volkswagons ?

Posted by Duncan Carter 
<HTML>Can I get different ideas of how to clean the interior of these cars, it takes so long just to vacuum, the dirt just never seems to get removed. I brush and brush and there always seems to be more. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Duncan</HTML>
Re: Cleaning Interiors of Volkswagons ?
November 15, 2003 07:49AM
<HTML>Duncan:

I feel your pain and frustration when it comes to VW interiors--trust me. If you read the "What are your...?" thread you'll see my frustration and hatred when it comes to vacuuming VWs.

You just have to suck it up. Get it?! Joke.

Patience is key when it comes to VW carpets. Just keep brushing and vacuuming, brushing again and vacuuming. I tend to brush from the outside in (behind pedals and underseat to center of carpet) vacuuming debris and dirt as I go.

Ever vacuum a Bentley? It like vacuuming a shag carpet. The highest pile I've ever seen in my life. Unlike a VWs super-low pile.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
<HTML>I also use a small plastic or rubber mallet, and gently "manipulate" the carpet to loosen all debris. This seems to vibrate it to the top, for lack of a better explanation lol.</HTML>
November 16, 2003 02:08AM
<HTML>ugh!!!!! i hate vw carpets.i tryed blowing compresed air.boy did that make a mess!!i know time is money but patience is the key.i'm gettin bumed out just typin about it lol</HTML>
November 16, 2003 04:17AM
<HTML> I have only worked on a few VW's in the past and I dont really have a clear memory of the carpets. What is it about them that makes it hard? I am simply curious.

Thanks,
John</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login