Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Questions : Water Tanks and equipment

Posted by five0fahey 
Questions : Water Tanks and equipment
December 13, 2007 03:11AM
Hi ,

My name is Chris and I'm new to these boards. I've taken my first few steps to mobile detailing and started up my business around a month ago. I have found that the money and people are both right in my area. My hope is that in six months I can have this as my main source of income. So far my clients have been great and I haven't left a job without a compliment(s). My marketing and advertising is going very well and I feel very confident in everything I do. As I said before though I would like to make this my main source of income so I had some questions. Currently I am asking that my customers supply a water source. While I do not feel this is a big deal I would like to eventually be able to offer my own water source. This way I can pick up clients from larger businesses. The only thing is I don't really have a clue about water tanks or pressure washers or anything involved with them.

First off I am in the process of selling my car ( Which has been a great show car for my customers ) and am looking for a truck. I'm confident I can find the right truck for the right price as my father is in the industry. However I'm at a loss for very good information involving tanks and equipment.So basically my questions are as follows.

How much should a water tank ( depending on size of course) cost ?

About how many gallons of water are usually used to complete a car ?

Is there an easier source to get my water than that of my home ?

Aside from the water tank , what type of quipment will I need and around how much will said equipment cost me ?

I have the basic idea of everything but a little help with my questions would point me in the right direction. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Chris
Re: Questions : Water Tanks and equipment
December 13, 2007 12:25PM
How about giving a real email instead of the usual hidden email.. i can send you some pics and realistic info . I invested around 25 grand to start my biz but like bud says most have some rags and a wetvac in their trunk.Asking for water and hydro would be embarrassing to me,not to mention i would blow their circut breakers with my pressure washer, air compressor, heated extractor and vapor steam machine,etc. As for water,the only way to go is ro water(spotfree) which you can go directly to the store and fill up your tank.
Re: Questions : Water Tanks and equipment
December 15, 2007 01:11AM
As Pro Mobile Details says, if you are going to participate on this forum and want answers you should not "hide" your email.

Many knowledgeable detailers and suppliers will not post publicly but will provide you valuable information if they can reach you privately.

Further, when you ask so many questions it is much easier to discuss them by telephone rather than typing a lengthly post which might not be of interest to other detailers experienced in the business.

Post your email and/or phone number and we can help you. Or, email me at buda@detailplus.com or call 800 284 0123.

Bud Abraham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login