Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

shampoo vs degreaser

Posted by Phil Goode 
shampoo vs degreaser
November 18, 2003 12:26AM
<HTML>After all of the debate here about caustic chemicals and why NOT to use them anywhere other than thier intended use I decided to try a interior shampoo and see for myself the results.

In short, the interior shampoo I bought works just as well and does not dry out the plastic or vinyl inside. It is less expensive to use as the dilution is 20 to 1. The interiors look more like new than before when I was using all purpose soap. The soaps I have used in the past range from low caustic to higher caustic according to dilution. ALL of them dried the plastci and created the need for dressing to cover the streaking EVEN at Higher ratios like 10 to 1 or 15 to 1. The interior shampoo simply cleaned to surface and wiped off witout any residue. The results are amazing. I urge any of you still using all purpose for plastic and vinyl to try a more gentle shampoo, you may just like it as much as I do. Consider this, which would you prefer on your car?</HTML>
Dan
Re: shampoo vs degreaser
November 19, 2003 12:41AM
<HTML>Thats a good point. What shampoo was it you used? Can you clean leather safely with it?

On the same note, for weekly maintenance cars I use automagic ez-clean upholstery cleaner to clean rims/ fenderwells/underbody, it rinses clean and makes metal shine like nothing Ive ever seen! I also use it to soak bugs and light engine cleaning. The funny thing about ez-clean is, if you try to clean surfaces it is intended for, you will get horrible results, can you say carpet residue you have to use acid rinse to break? Anyway just thought Id share another headache saver of mine.</HTML>
November 19, 2003 04:20AM
<HTML>The product is hd shampoo or shampoo hd by Car Brite.</HTML>
November 19, 2003 10:27AM
<HTML>Dan:

Try AM's Red Hot on the wheel wells. Literally melts the dirt away.

You like the EZ Clean on the rims? MAGnificent is good but smells awfully horrible.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login