Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is anybody out there? Im new to this -please reply back!

Is anybody out there? Im new to this -please reply back!
November 21, 2003 03:19AM
<HTML>Im new to this message board. Im looking for other auto-detailing business owners to compare Ideas-thoughts with.PLEASE REPLY BACK!</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
Re: Is anybody out there? Im new to this -please reply back!
November 21, 2003 03:27AM
<HTML>Precision Auto & Marine online here. What do you need to know?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 21, 2003 03:50AM
<HTML>WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM? HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE FOR FOR YOUR SERVICES? JUST CURIOUS TO COMPARE.</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
November 21, 2003 04:06AM
<HTML>New Jersey...I start "complete details" at $175.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 21, 2003 05:18AM
<HTML>MUST BE NICE! IM LUCKY TO GET $100 FOR COMPLETE DETAILS, HERE IN MATTOON,IL. I CHECKED OUT YOUR WEB-SITE, LOOKS GOOD - I HOPE TO BUILD MY BUSINESS UP LIKE THAT SOMEDAY. IVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1999.I AVERAGE 25 CARS PER/MO.RIGHT NOW.I LIVE IN A COUNTY OF ABOUT 50,000 PEOPLE.I ADVERTISE IN THE LOCAL PAPERS WITH COUPONS FOR $39 HAND WASH &WAX PLUS SHAMPOO& CLEAN INTERIOR.IM LOOKING FOR NEW IDEAS TO EXPAND MY BUSINESS,IN A SMALL AREA LIKE THIS. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS? COMMENTS?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
November 21, 2003 05:48AM
<HTML>Check past threads on this forum. There's a lot of info on marketing and targeting the kind of clientele you want to attract.

My price for a complete detail start at $179. Depending on the condition and type of vehicle, the price can go up. I also to small paint repair work...bumpers, scratches, stone chips, etc.

I'm located in Michigan.

Hey Brian...how much extra do you tack on for mini-vans, SUV's, etc? I add an extra $20 for minis & standard SUV's, and an extra $10 on top of that fof large trucks & full sized vans.</HTML>
November 21, 2003 06:20AM
<HTML>HEY THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES TONIGHT! THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS A GOOD THING. ITS NICE TO BE CONNECTED TO OTHER FELLOW DETAILERS AROUND THE COUNTRY.LOOKING FOWARD TO MORE COMMENTS & QUESTIONS.</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
November 21, 2003 07:59AM
<HTML>Coles:

Thanks for the comments and checking out my site. 25 cars a month isn't bad for retail. It's actually really good if it's just you. I'd raise my prices if I were you. I was cheap earlier in the year until I started talking with my fellow detailers on this forum and learned a lot when it comes to separating yourself from your competitors.

When I first raised my prices and gave a quote to a customer, I would hesitate for a split second but after I said how much, they said "when can I drop it off?" After hearing that, I knew I had nothing to worry about. Just tonight I quoted a high price of $175 for a 2002 VW Jetta (yuck carpets hehe) and I said I know I'm a bit expensive...then she cut me off and said, "Hey, if you do quality work then people will pay that much."

So, it's that easy!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 21, 2003 08:06AM
<HTML>Rod:

I'm just about in the same pricing bracket as you. Usually $20 more for SUVs and about $250 for Yukons and Expeditions.

Haven't quoted a price for a conversion van yet but will charge around $275 for a complete.

I got a call for an RV but don't feel like taking on that market yet. I know it's a money maker but I feel I won't have any passion doing them. Just 2 weeks ago, someone called and asked if I do mobile homes. I responded with "not at this time."

How often do you have reconditioning jobs? They're high paying but take too much time. I basically restored a VW Bug the other day. Took too long I felt.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 21, 2003 09:12AM
<HTML>I WISH I COULD GET PEOPLE TO PAY THAT MUCH HERE IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS.THE LOCAL SHOPS AROUND HERE CHARGE $70-$100 FOR COMPLETE DETAILS,THERE IS ONLY 3-4 THAT ARE DOING ALL THE BUSINESS IN THIS AREA. I OPERATED LAST YEAR AT MY UNCLES NEW TRAILER DEALERSHIP LOT. TRIED TO GET THE BIG TICKET ITEMS! R.V.S TRAILERS-BOATS ETC.... HE HAS A 60FT. DRIVE-THRU HEATED WASH BAY WITH 12 FT. OVERHEAD DOORS. HAS A GREAT LOCATION ON A STOPLIGHT CORNER. HAD SOME LUCK LAST FALL WHEN IT FIRST OPENED, BUT DIED OFF OVER WINTER , SLOW START TO YEAR-COULDNT DO ENOUGH VOL. TO SUPPORT A 50% PAY-OUT TO MY UNCLE FOR USE OF BLDG. SO I WENT BACK TO DOING IT BY APPT. ONLY MOSTLY WELL MAINTAINED CARS. I JUST TAKE THEM DOWN TO THE CARWASH TO CLEAN THE EXT. & FINISH THE REST IN MY GARAGE AT HOME. I HAVE VERY LITTLE OVERHEAD, SO I CAN CHARGE LESS THAN ANYBODY & STILL MAKE MORE MONEY THAN A REG. RETAIL SHOP LOCATION. CHECK OUT MY OLD SHOP AT MATTOONTRAILERSALES.COM WEB-SITE SURE WAS NICE JUST COULDNT JUSTIFY THE OVERHEAD EXPENSE. NOT ENOUGH BUS. TO SUPORT IT. BACK TO THE BASICS-KEEP IT SIMPLE LESS OVERHEAD=MORE PROFIT SO GOOD SO FAR, BUT WINTER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER AGAIN! ALWAYS SLOW UNTIL SPRING. ANY IDEAS TO BOOST BUSINESS IN WINTER TIME?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
November 22, 2003 04:12AM
<HTML>cars small p/u's $180 add 15% if really crappy
mid sid p/u's suv's add 25% if really bad add 40%
full size p/u's suburban's - excursions vans add 50% if really bad add 75%</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
November 22, 2003 06:50AM
<HTML>Brian...We're in the same ball park with our pricing. Of course, I'll add on like Rob if I get a real oinker!!! But, seeing that it's just me doing the work, it's totally my rep on the line. I deliver excellent quality and have yet to have one so-so reaction. Everyone so far has been impressed. I take my time and do it right, even if it takes longer than I would like. Right now, I want to learn all I can about different techniques and how to run my biz. Then, when I open my shop next year and volume increases, I can add a couple of guys, train them and increase my output.

As for RV's, I do some scratch repair work and exterior detailing on occassion. I'd say 1-2 every 3 months. They're a lot of work. Figure 1.5 days to do a 35-40 footer. They take a while and I charge $15-17/foot. At one of the places I work, the shop tacks on an extra $1.50/foot so they get a little something out of it too. Plus they let me work inside and use one of their bays. It's a lot of work, but if you get one that's in need of a good detail, they'll love you if you do a good job. Considering most of them are $100k and up and owned by companies, they don't even think twice about price. Heck, I could probably charge more!! You'd be great at it as the finishes are similar to boats...fiberglas, gelcoat, etc. So you already know how to clean them. That's half the battle...knowing how to clean them so your buff/wax comes out great.

As for paint repairs, I've yet to make less than $500 on one of them. The owners are pretty picky about scratches and stuff, so they want them looking as close to perect as possible, so they take much more time than a car. It's not unusual for me to spend 1/2-3/4 of a day working on improving the appearance of a bad scratch or chip. But, they pay my price without question.

It's a good market, but it takes some time and skill to get really good at it.

Cole's...if you're doing good, serious detailing, you should be charging more. If you use a 3 step (clay, polish, seal) process on vehicles and doing carpet/uphlstry extraction plus fabric protection, you should be charging more. Because, I'll guarantee your competition isn't doing all that stuff. If they are, they're losing money and won't be in business long. Forget about what your competition is charging and start going after the high end market and chargin what you're worth. You'll make more money that way. And remember, when it comes to highe-end clientele, quality is more important than price.</HTML>
November 22, 2003 11:36PM
<HTML> I am in Northern Ca (the bay area) I charge 50 dollars per man hr most cars average 200 dollars. If you sound confident on the phone you can get that kind of fee. Here is a tip. After you tell them what you will do for their car, offer them two things. First tell thaem you will contact them the next week to make sure they are satisfied. Second offer a money back guarantee. By doing these two things the customer has no risk going with you and you will probably get the sale.

ben smith detailing</HTML>
November 26, 2003 02:59AM
<HTML>i charge good deal prices</HTML>
November 26, 2003 03:28AM
<HTML>how much do you charge for a wash &wax plus shampoo interior? what city are you located in?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
November 26, 2003 05:56AM
<HTML>

I have a minimum charge of 80 dollars. I am located in northern ca an hour north of san francisco</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login