Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

gold plating

Posted by Phil Goode 
gold plating
November 23, 2003 05:15AM
<HTML>I am thinking about adding this to my services. Anyone out there do this and if so, how is the profit and how are you selling it.</HTML>
Re: gold plating
November 23, 2003 07:03AM
<HTML>Phil:

I have been thinking about this too but not really sure there is a large enough market to compensate for the expensive investment.

Let me know how you make out.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: gold plating
November 23, 2003 09:32AM
<HTML>I will be talking myself out of business, but I believe the market is very limited.

The big money in gold plating is doing it for the dealers, but there are only certain cars that really gold plate on a regular basis and sell "gold packages" to the customer:

Cadillac
Lexus
Infiniti
Toyota
Lincoln

Most of these dealers either have their own system or are contracting with someone else at present. What you need to do is contact these dealers to see if they are interested in having you do the work.

Their are sub-markets:

Trim on boats
Trim on 4-wheelers
Gold club shafts
Surgeon scalpuls (sp)
Home Plumbing Fixtures

These are harder markets to get to so you have to think long and hard about that.

RETAIL DETAIL CUSTOMERS - there is a small market from these people, but not a huge business.

If you do decide to buy a system you can charge enough per job to probably pay for the system in a few months. The average price per emblem for a dealer is about $30. You can't get much more from a retail customer either. It is just not worth it to them. When they are buying a new car it is easier to sell because it is on the car already or they charge $1000 and then discount the price by $1000 so the customer thinks they got a deal.

If anyone is interested we have a year end close out on gold solution and have two 8 ounces bottles and 1 quart bottle of liquid gold on sale. Give Ann a call to get pricing 1-800/284-0123.

Check out our gold systems at www.detailplus.com - Gold Plating Systems

Bud A</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login