Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HAVE YOU PROFILED YOUR BEST CUSTOMER

Posted by Bud Abraham 
HAVE YOU PROFILED YOUR BEST CUSTOMER
November 23, 2003 10:03AM
<HTML>DETAILERS:

A few weeks or days ago I asked you all who was your best customer to help you identify your target market and get more "good" business.

There was alittle "conversation" on the subject and then you all dropped it and are back to technical questions again. When I know most most of you all want more business.

May I ask how many of you profiled your best customer and are now directing your marketing and advertising toward that type of customer rather than "general public" advertising? Chasing the wrong customers who will not buy your service anyway, at any price?

Just want to keep you on your marketing and advertising toes.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Re: HAVE YOU PROFILED YOUR BEST CUSTOMER
November 23, 2003 12:39PM
<HTML>great post bud!!! I would like to see more on target marketing & more ideas to make more money $$$$$ I want to focus on maintance detailing only. not restorative detailing. I want to target newer car owners who only need there cars maintained in that condition. not the customer who needs there car restored to new condition. can you help me target those customers ????? p.s I make plenty of profit on every "maintance detail" I do for $39!!!!! like i said in past posts I have very low overhead expenses now. it has worked out very nice over the past 3 months. I want to keep my prices low & increase the vol. of business i do. that is the niche i want to fill in this market. can you help?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
November 23, 2003 02:49PM
<HTML>Bud, Funny that I was in the process of posting a similar question when you were doing likewise.. Hope we get some response and feedback. Have a good day, Ron</HTML>
November 23, 2003 08:52PM
<HTML>Ry on:

Again you give evidence of your "smarts" as a businessman. I brought up this topic again to see if we could get some detailers to start focusing on how to generate business and not worry so much about the technical side of things.

The industry all needs to read "The E Myth" by Michael Gerber. Have you read it?

Let me know if I can help you with your marketing plan.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
November 23, 2003 08:52PM
<HTML>Ry on:

Again you give evidence of your "smarts" as a businessman. I brought up this topic again to see if we could get some detailers to start focusing on how to generate business and not worry so much about the technical side of things.

The industry all needs to read "The E Myth" by Michael Gerber. Have you read it?

Let me know if I can help you with your marketing plan.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
November 24, 2003 04:10AM
<HTML>I tried to restart this thred two times to no avail. I did some research and found out that the target mailing list we spoke of is now outlawed in many states. Then I learned my state is NOT one of them, however, the list is expensive compared to income of propery value. Since I really needed some advice and asked for it but kinda got a blank stare, I droped it.

I do want to kick around some ideas but with whom? If it is just gonna be you Bud, I'll just call ya and spend some money. I may be needin a recovery tank sytem (see other post)</HTML>
November 24, 2003 05:12AM
<HTML>Phil, would be happy to bounce ideas around with you as direct mailing is one area I am intresred in myseflf, depending on which way I go with direct mailing .

Jim.</HTML>
November 24, 2003 09:36AM
<HTML>Phil:

Did you call a mailing service from the Yellow Pages? What is expensive as you mention?

Give me a call

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
November 24, 2003 05:19PM
<HTML>I will. But for the others" 1850 names was a little over five hundred bucks. This list included car types and was specific to luxury cars. The list for those with incomes over hundred grand was, with postge, 250 bucks. There were over 4000 names on the second list. I seem to recall a theory about sling enough mud on the walss and some of it will stick.</HTML>
November 25, 2003 04:46AM
<HTML>Jim, it seems it is just you and me on this one. Lets do it off the forum.</HTML>
November 25, 2003 10:20AM
<HTML>Phil & Jim, I am sorry, I meant to leave a message on this thread several days ago but got tied up elsewhere and failed to do. Sorry about that!! I have done direct mail on several occasions with excellent results. The prices you were quoted seem high to me but I guess different companies in different parts of the country charge more or less. I would do some more checking around to be sure you are getting the best deal. You may want to go back and read some of the original comments ref. this subject on the earlier thread. Anyway I for one appreciate the two of you and your willingness to discuss such business matters on this forum and hopefully will continue to do so rather than off the forum. We all need to learn and sharing experiences and information on this forum works only if people get involved. Happy Detailing, Ron</HTML>
November 26, 2003 02:27AM
<HTML>Phil, not sure how this works, when you say $250 with postage. Do they send you a list of the names and then you print them off , do they send you a pre printed list and you stick the names on the mailers ??

Seem like dumb questions I know but never doen this before .

Ron , not sure how the price range goes, will try and do some calling around tomorrow and will let you know the prices around here .

Jim.</HTML>
November 26, 2003 04:13AM
<HTML>For the 250 bucks I am to provide a printed tri fold flyer which has the bulk rate permit printed (from the advertising compay) in its proper place, they, then addres via sticker and send to thier current mailing list via zip code. The hard part is this: They are in the same county as me but at the lower side about 40 miles or so away. No one there knows my are and wanted me to drive around and tell them the areas I wanted to mail to in my part pf the county. The price I refer to (250) was all inclusive of names and postage for the numers ( I seem to recall it beeing around 4-5k names). It may have been less I am sorry, I missplaced the notes. I wanted to ask aroind here for some input but that was when I priginally posted the question here. Since then I have found another source that will include incomes over 75K and certain types of luxury cars. The company has a minimum purchase at $550. For that price I would get about 4k names HOWEVER only 1850 of the names were inside my county, the other 3 and change were in the next county over some 20 miles away.

The lady I spoke with at the cheaper company did say she had just sent a third mailing for another mobile guy who is in her area. That is at the lower side and he has done, according to her, very well with it. She was not willing to share anything about what he sent or to whom.</HTML>
November 26, 2003 04:16AM
<HTML>Ron, would you share a little more about what you mailed an to whom. No secrets of course just a little direction.</HTML>
November 26, 2003 10:50AM
<HTML>Phil & Jim, I am going to attempt to help you guys out but there seems to be some confusion about the difference in purchasing a specific mailing list versus having a mailing company do the mailings for you. You want to go to a company that will sell you a very specific list, you want to do the mailings yourself. Understand these companys have tons of imformation on thousands of people. When you request a list you need to be very specific. Also keep in mind that what they can give to you varies from state to state because of various laws. My last list consisted of owners of Mercedez, Porsches and BMW's in 2 zip codes in my local county. It contained only 137 names and addresses and cost me $175.00. Twenty eight people on that list were already customers and I was able to identify another thirty four others that I could eliminate for various reasons. That left 75 for me to do mailouts to. I have a computor generated letter that I developed which is mailed to them. Each letter is to them specifically, not dear sir/madam but Dear Mr. Anderson, blah, blah, blah. Each one I sign by hand at the bottom. They are placed in business sized envelopes each of which I do both my return address and there address by hand. It truly looks like a personnal letter when they recieve it in the mail. My records reflect (thanks to my wifesmiling smiley ) I received 22 responses, I did full or partial details on 17 of these cars which generated $!728.00 in business initially. Nine have become regular customers (every 2 weeks) and the others are done occasionally. As you can see the initial cost time and effort made it a profitable adventure. I hope this has been of some help. If you will go back to the original thread "Who is your best customer" you will find a response I put in there giving my experience with various types of advertising. Let me know if I can be of further assistance and I will do my best to help. Happy Detailing, Ron</HTML>
November 26, 2003 01:36PM
<HTML>Thanks Ron. For both your experince and willingness to share same here. I will try these ideas soon.</HTML>
November 26, 2003 11:33PM
<HTML>speeking of list, i have a computer program that is called "select a phone" this program i got at the local computer store. its a great program, lets say bud abraham calls up and wants his car detailed at 1313 mockingbird lane and his phone number is (987) 654-3210 you can look up his address and it will give you all the neighbors on that street ( names , numbers, address ). it is also great b/c if i want to find all the restaraunts in nj you just type in rest. and it will give you everyone in nj, ny, ct or where ever. great investment for $100.</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login