Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hiring help

Posted by PaisA 
Hiring help
May 14, 2008 09:17PM
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and the business of detailing. I have already learned so much here. I currently have another occupation which will only allow me to work certain hours on detailing. I am thinking of hiring on somebody that will help me with jobs I can not handle. I will be providing all the transportation, water, materials and supplies, etc. Should I pay this person hourly or commission split on what is earned. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Santiago
Re: Hiring help
May 25, 2008 10:28PM
Glad you are learning things about the detail industry.

You should consider joining the International Detailing Association www.the-ida.com to assist you in your growth in the business.

Do you plan on complying with all the laws relating to:

Water Containment and Discharge?
OSHA Safety?
Workers Compensation Insurance for Employees?
Paying Taxes?
Having Liability Insurance?

If you pay by the car he is still your employee according to both IRS and most importantly, Labor Laws.

If you plan to enter the detail business then I suggest you comply with all the laws related to being a legitimate business. Then you never have to look over your shoulder, fearing the government is going to catch you.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: Hiring help
May 29, 2008 01:23AM
Good advice, Bud.

I have only one thing at this time to add.

If this person, hired or considered to be hired, and will be driving or have access to the vehicle, "what about a drug test", "back ground exploring of them", etc.

One small screw up by an employee, can make one's bank account get very small if not non-existant.

Ketch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login