Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need some Advice

Posted by Denise88 
Need some Advice
March 06, 2009 05:02PM
Does anybody have any advice on Getting Vinyl seats clean!

Denise3n88
Re: Need some Advice
March 07, 2009 06:46PM
Vinyl seats, as well as leather seats, are easy to clean with the right tools and chemicals.

We recommend a citrus-based orange all purpose cleaner (ORANGE PLUS is our product) used with a Scrubbie Pad. (this is a sponge covered with a plastic net material.

You spray the chemical into the sponge and the plastic net provides just enough aggressive surface to get rid of the "ground-in" dirt without damaging the material.

Then wipe dry with clean microfiber towel and treat with dressing or leather conditioner.

You can use this method on any hard surface in or on the vehicle.

We are talking very little cost. ORANGE PLUS about $9.95 a gallon, diluted 4 to 1 and the Scrubbie Pad - $1.95

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2009 12:30AM by paulp.
March 08, 2009 12:49PM
Denise-
The key thing to know here is that harsher chemicals may clean better but degrade the surface more .
One example of a harsh vinyl cleaner is Meguiar's Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner , from their Professional line . Use it only where necessary, such as to remove wax from vinyl trim or to clean filthy kick panels .

A milder choice that I like is Windex Multi-task Orange .

Griot's Interior Cleaner is effective and doesn't seem to do any harm .

One cheap choice is Awesome All Purpose Cleaner from dollar stores . Simple Green and Knights Spray Nine work too. Expect these APCs to be a little harsh and you may want to dilute them and/or rinse with water afterward .

Zaino LeatherSoft doubles as a very mild vinyl cleaner .

For a household remedy, you might try Murphy's Oil Soap and warm water .

Use a brush and a cotton or micro towel to agitate and get into textured surfaces .

LET ME ADD : I forgot to mention Ford Triple-Clean, a multi-purpose product available from Ford dealers' parts departments .

Some vinyl dressings have cleaning properties, Meguiar's #40 for instance .

In dressings, I like Adams Polishes VRT Dressing as well as Griot's and Zaino Z-16. 303 Areospace Protectant is also fine . Pro Mobile recommended Auto Magic Dress-It Right but I never got ahold of any to try .

Pro tip : Pros sometimes steam clean vinyl .

Doug

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2009 03:40PM by Doug Delmont.
March 18, 2009 05:56PM
Ok thanks ppl...Now i have 1 one ..whats the easiest way to clean nylon seats??
March 20, 2009 03:30AM
Denise88 :
I'll bet the best way to clean nylon fabric seats is to brush in some carpet shampoo solution and extract with an extractor and hot water . For an extra cleaning boost, you can put a little Oxy Clean in the extractor water .

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login