Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Balancing act between wholesale and retail

Posted by mark davis 
Balancing act between wholesale and retail
March 31, 2009 08:07PM
We all know that the car industry has been turned upside down. What kind of ratios are people trying to achieve between wholesale work and retail work?
Re: Balancing act between wholesale and retail
May 09, 2009 11:39PM
mark davis :
This is not a satisfactory answer to your question but I think it is worth thinking over.

Why focus on full details except at the wholesale level ? When you sell a full detail, you lock yourself into perhaps 4 hours of work and must try to keep your price down to what a customer is able or willing to pay. The customer often has no idea of the work and time involved and consequently under-values what you do. You are expected to deliver perfect work, at least by some customers.

I think the detailing concept should be scrapped in favor of a set of separate car cleaning services, the price of which would add up to more than a full detail, hence more profit per service.

I can just imagine a series of late night T.V. commercials for a local shop. The ad would go like, " Spilled coffee in your new car? Hurry over to CAR CLEANERS for a professional auto carpet cleaning. We'll vacuum, remove spots and stains and then shampoo the entire carpet the same way a pro cleans household carpets. It's only $99 for most cars !
Visit CAR CLEANERS for all of your car's washing, waxing and interior appearance care. "

Of course you can explain in person that pressure washing floor mats and shampooing seats and door fabric are separate services done for an additional charge. Show them the menu.
Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login