Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Final Protection Product?

Posted by Bud Abraham 
Final Protection Product?
February 20, 2006 02:23PM
<HTML>What type of product do you all use for final protection on the paint finish:

a. Paint Sealant

b. Paste Wax

c. Liquid Wax

d. Spray Wax

Please, if you will, give a reason why you use what you use.

Thanks.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Re: Final Protection Product?
February 20, 2006 09:20PM
<HTML>Depending on the service ordered, we would use.

1. vehicle that is only going through a "washall", an exterior wash, dry,light cleaning and vacuuming of interior and trunk, windows, wheels dressed, and spray wax added as a last touch, both to add gloss, and to take away any water runnings, spots.

2. second hand vehicle from dealer, that goes through a "Tuneup" program.
whole car looked through, including pollish, motor, full interior, down to spare wheel. whatever is needed to get vehicle into the showroom for sale. there after the pollish a liquid wax is also added by machine, and/or hand, to give the car a good gloss, and some protection..easier now for the dealar to take care of it. and sell it. and it shines bright in customers eyes.

3 New or second hand vehicle, usually a private customer, having a "master Treatment", the full program, whole car looked over, leather and fibers protected , and extra time spent on all small details, to leave the car back to the customer, as good as ever possible, a paint sealant is then applied in this program. because it has a longer durability, and protection.
we also sell a resealant program to the customers... 4 years of a sealed car to a slightly reduced price. after the first time, he/she then gets another 4 years to a reduced price, of the exterior sealant treatment.</HTML>
March 07, 2006 05:49PM
<HTML>I use a paint sealant on most vehicles because it appears to last a little longer than regular waxes and I offer it as an optional product for an additional charge.

When it comes to detailing expensive sports cars, such as a black corvette, porsche or bmw, I will sometimes go with a coat of paste wax over top of the sealant. And that's about the only time I will actually layer products.</HTML>

June 09, 2009 01:02AM
I use Zaino Z-2 Pro with the ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator. I use Z-CS Clear Seal sometimes but have found that it is not as slick as Z-2. Recently, instead of polishing first, I have used Z-AIO All In One ( applied by orbital ) and topped it with a coat of Z-2 Pro.
All of the above are sealants. They outlast waxes and resist commercial car washes better too. The shine is first-rate.

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login