Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WATER REPELLENT

Posted by buda 
WATER REPELLENT
June 17, 2010 02:30PM
How many detail"sell" windshield water repellent, or better yet, provide it as a FREE add-on service as part of your detail service.

Think about it....the RAINX Company was successful with one product, RAINX Windshield Water Repellent, it is obvious the product has value to the customer.

If you bought a container of RAINX or any number of other similiar products, that are less expensive than RAINX you could be offering your customers a real "value-added service" that costs you literally pennies to provide.

Think about it. If you are looking for less expensive products let me know.

Regards
Re: WATER REPELLENT
June 19, 2010 03:06AM
Not the way to go in my opinion.
How about the first thing that the detailer should do is "educate" themselves on what a product is, how it works, why it works, so they can communicate intelligently with a potential customer.

People can by Rain-X at almost any box or auto parts store, car washes, etc.

In my years, I found that RainX is inferior to Aquapel, second, why does one think that "cheaper" is better?

Find a "quality-known" product and learn to "sell-market" and make a fair profit, by riding on the million dollar ad campaign's of a major player.

Learn to make a buck or two off the millions spent by major players to make consumers aware of the "need" for such a product, develope a sales presentation, not a "I am cheaper" one, but one backed by real knowledge of these sort of products.

What one have to "sell" is convience, correct application and by proper presentation, make your business to be the professional one, not a " I am cheaper, give a chance, I just need the business" sort.

Just a thought or two for all to consider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 03:11AM by Grumpy2.
June 20, 2010 02:39PM
Ketch

You make a great point.Cheaper is not always better.

Bill
June 20, 2010 07:28PM
Ketch

Could not agree with you more with regard to using the best products for your business. Of course we all know that being the most expensive does not necessarily mean something is the best.

Worked with Procter & Gamble when they first introduced Aquapel, about 10 years ago and they offered me an exclusive to market to the detail industry and some international countries.

At that time I spent a lot of time trying to find a market with detailers and with some of my international customers, but did not get much response.

While Aquapel is aledgedly supposed to be a great product I believe that P & G gave the national marketing rights to ZEP and you can also buy it now on Amazon and other online selling sites for about $100 a case of 24.

If a detailer believes he can sell an Aquapel application for $10 to $15 and is convinced it is the best water repellent product on the market, "go for it."

RAINX or Like Products

The point of my original post, which you seem to advocate, when you suggest that a detailer should capitalize on the marketing of a large company, is for the detailer to offer customers some "value-added service."

Whether you agree or not as an ex-chemical salesman, RAINX is probably the most popular water repellent on the market and the motorist's believe it has value, otherwise the company would not exist nor would have ECO LABS purchased the brand.

So, for a detailer to add a RAINX or water repellent to a detail is value-added whether you or Buffer Bill think it is a good product or not.

What we are talking about here is "marketing, giving your business the competitive edge."

Just some well intentioned thoughts.

Regards
Bud A
June 21, 2010 11:36PM
Bud
I really do not get your point at all.Everything you sell seems to be less expensive than a brand name.What you do not understand is that is not all about value added to the customer.It is results.<br>

I can paint your house with cheap paint, or good paint.When I am finished you will not really see the difference,but as time goes on you will.The cheap paint will break down much faster.Yea,I saved a few bucks,but I may never get your business,or your friends down the road.<br>

I use products that work for me, and I am not really concerned about changing products to save a few cents on my bottom line.Someone told me something that makes my point:You do not always get what you pay for,but you pay for everything you get.<br>

When I tell someone that I can apply a product that will protect their paint for one year, and have a great shine they normally do not believe it.Although, I am not surprised when they call back a year later for another application.Now that is value added in my opinion.

Bill
June 22, 2010 02:52AM
Aqua Pel is a PPG product, the one that is a leader in glass production, not P&G which is a home consumer based manufacturer.
June 22, 2010 02:57AM
Ketch you are correct it is PPG, my error but the comments are still the same.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login