Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wax or Paint Sealant - Which Do You Prefer??

Posted by buda 
Wax or Paint Sealant - Which Do You Prefer??
July 13, 2010 01:26PM
Have been experiment with carnuaba paste wax, of which I have not been a fan for years, and found the results spectacular.

Own a black Chrysler 300 and had clayed the car; buffed with a microfine compound to remmove scratches and then polished and swirl removed with polishing pad and swirl remover.

The final protection was a carnuaba wax, which I have applied each week for the past 3 weeks.

The shine was so deep and lustrus that I have been getting all sorts of compliments on the car.

Do not notice any damage to the finish as suggested by another poster, but I will admit that the durability is not as great as our DIAMOND Shine PLUS Paint Sealant.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: Wax or Paint Sealant - Which Do You Prefer??
July 18, 2010 03:27AM
Bud-
I recommend you try this :
Do half your cars hood with the carnauba wax and half with 2 coats Zaino Z-2 Pro ( the Zaino will still be easier to apply even with 2 coats ).

Let us know whether the carnauba gives a better appearance than the Zaino.

Hint : Bud, you are re-inventing the Guru Reports Wax Test !
Doug
July 24, 2010 02:35AM
We use a variety of waxes and sealants. In general if the car already has a good gloss once its clean or has just been polished we go with the sealant. Otherwise I prefer the results I get with carnuaba. My experience has been that the type and condition of the paint affects which product looks the best on it. For what its worth, I keep carnuaba on my own car - White '04 BMW 325ci.

Dirts Away Auto Detailing
Tulsa OK 74127
918-406-4360
[www.dirtsaway.com]
August 10, 2010 06:25PM
paint sealant is my preference, applied via rotary and or DA
August 12, 2010 12:52PM
Glad to see more people participating on the Phorum !

Welcome.
Doug
August 27, 2010 09:24AM
we are anxiously awaiting the perfection of an aerosol can based protective coating with a 7H scratch resistance level that is in fact a polyurethane paint but unlike urethane paint, has incredible protective properties and is extremely hard

back to the sealants

application via both machines are at speed 1 or 2 and no more and as I do the process, the glass and titanium based products increase the lustre of the paint and thicken the paint by up to 40 microns
have checked this with an elcometer paint thickness gauge on every spot of my cars panels. the supplier claims up to 80 microns but thats probably pushing it somewhat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login