Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New to business a few questions smiling smiley

Posted by Will3482 
New to business a few questions smiling smiley
October 11, 2010 11:01PM
Hello all,

Just found this great forum and wanted to ask a couple questions, I work at a storage facility in Washington state and we just hired a local detail company to come out and wash our 10 foot and 15 foot moving trucks, nothing fancy just a car wash and interior detail. Well they charge $40 for the small truck and $50 for the larger one, first 2 appointments they no-showed and after the did finally show up their work was terrible, didn't even dust off the dash, one of our trucks is brand new and still has factory stickers here and there and they were left half peeled on the windows among other things.

I asked my company if I could wash the trucks for the same price and they agreed to it. So total it's two 10 footers and two 15 footers once a month maby twice in the winter. I ordered all of my supplies to get the job done and would like to get some advice on how to branch out with this? Where do I go from here? I know I need to get licensed and insured but what else? ATM I don't have a work truck just my Neon to transport me and my equipment and I'm pretty short on capital I'm just a blue collar dude trying to make myself my own boss.

Thanks in advance for any replies I get, greatly appreciated.
Re: New to business a few questions smiling smiley
October 12, 2010 09:18PM
Work hard, save hard and invest in yourself. Its impossible to do a professional job out of the back of a car. It gives the wrong image.

Why not get an extra part-time job working with a good detailer and learn the trade first? There's a lot more to it than just peeling stickers off and tidying up.
Re: New to business a few questions smiling smiley
October 18, 2010 08:23AM
Well said Profiler.
Need to spend some time at detailing world as well as here to learn the skills from the great pro's on there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login