Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Woa!

Posted by bobm 
Woa!
November 12, 2010 01:11AM
Hey folks, something we dont often think about. Today I found a razor blade in the bottom of a map pocket on the back of a seat. Luckily I was looking in there with a flashlight, I shudder when I think of how many times I have just jammed my fingers in them to clean candy wrappers out. I also found a used hypodermic needle in the same pocket. Since this is a ranch truck I assume it has been used to vaccinate cattle, but be carefull out there you guys! Sometimes we ignore the obvious safety steps in our hurry to get the job done.
Re: Woa!
November 15, 2010 07:18PM
You can take nothing for granted. Lucky - you might have needed tetanus shots, stitches, even micro-surgery for a bad razor cut.

Thanks for the valuable reminder to us all! : )
November 16, 2010 06:02PM
Back when I was still in the business, late 90's, we were selected to be the vendor and trainer for the Drivers Mart chain of used cars. (later became part of AutoNation)

During a hands on training session at the Flint, Mi location, a detailer reached under a seat to get some trash and came out with a syringe stuck in his hand.

The vehicle had been bought at auction from one of the larger rental car firms.

No way to trace who had left it in the car.

Possibility of HIV contact, so he had to under go testing for several years.

I kept in touch with him, and he came out clean.

As a result, I did a section in our classroom training of detailers regarding this, made it very strong, so it might sink into some of the kids.

It's a crazy world out there, be careful all the time.

Ketch/Grumpy
LCS
January 06, 2011 03:35PM
Grumpy2
Back when I was still in the business, late 90's, we were selected to be the vendor and trainer for the Drivers Mart chain of used cars. (later became part of AutoNation)

During a hands on training session at the Flint, Mi location, a detailer reached under a seat to get some trash and came out with a syringe stuck in his hand.

The vehicle had been bought at auction from one of the larger rental car firms.

No way to trace who had left it in the car.

Possibility of HIV contact, so he had to under go testing for several years.

I kept in touch with him, and he came out clean.

As a result, I did a section in our classroom training of detailers regarding this, made it very strong, so it might sink into some of the kids.

It's a crazy world out there, be careful all the time.

Ketch/Grumpy

OUCH, you never know what is under these seats

[lewiscleaningservices.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login