Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ok, someone has to do it......

Posted by bobm 
Ok, someone has to do it......
March 19, 2011 03:21AM
Who else here likes potato chips? Please dont turn this into a paint sealant vs wax thread. Dude, we get it already, I think we all agree that sealant is better than wax. Can we please read something other than sealant vs wax? Im sure glad this post has not turned into sealant vs wax. I use both wax or sealant, just depends on what the customer wants. Oh crap, now Im talking about sealant vs wax! Damn you all! ;-)
Re: Ok, someone has to do it......
March 19, 2011 07:33AM
Bob

Who is the expert about what the car needs, you or the customer?

Why do you say, "what the customer wants?" If you know the sealant is better and it is about the same price, more or less as a wax, why not sell only the sealant as the protection step?

Are detailers in the business to dazzle and bamboozle customers with all this talk about superior waxes, Teflon sealants and acrylic sealants or are they in the business to provide the very best vehicle cosmetic service they can for their customers?

Personally I have never bought into the theory, "what the customer wants."

I sell to the need of the car and, like the auto mechanic, tell the customer what the vehicle needs. If they do not want to purchase all that it needs that is their choice. But a detail customer is no more qualified to determine what the cosmetic car care needs of their vehicle are than they are to tell an auto mechanic what the car needs mechanically.

Just some well intentioned thoughts for consideration.

Bud Abraham
March 19, 2011 11:39PM
Bud, why you wanna bust my balls? All this petty bickering makes my ass hurt. I was attempting to get things going a different direction here. Your correct response should have been 'Pringles'! Lastly, does anyone here still have a sense of humor any more?
March 20, 2011 11:26AM
Bob you are correct. Sorry did not want to offend you physically in anyway. But your statement gave me a chance to pontificate about my detail sales theories. Nothing personal.

BUT I really like baked Kettles potato chips. Had abag last night with a bottle of green tea.

Regards
March 20, 2011 01:36PM
:-)
March 20, 2011 01:57PM
However Bud, I have found it to be our experience here that most folks are better exposed to the cosmetic car care products than they are to the mechanical side of things. One example would be a random commercial for Meguires wheel cleaner and ten other products to improve or protect your car. however there arent too many commercials on the importance of a fan belt. About the only exposure we see from the media is that everyone who uses 'high performance' oil has a mullett. We do our best to educate people but there are still alot of those grumpy old salts out there who insist and refer to sealant as 'snake oil'. There are only two of us in the shop and our work load is about 50 cars a month, we just dont have the time to give demonstrations and we definately are not prepared to argue with the customer. Finally, most of our cars are from dealers, and you know how much they like to spend on a used car. Finally, the real question here is, 1. Do you think Bill has a mullett? and 2. Do you think he will respond here and relax a little about sealant, or have I made him angry?
March 20, 2011 02:01PM
Bud, I was using the Pringles as an example. I also like baked chips. I would have imvited Gina into the post but she doesnt strike me as someone who eats potato chips. Besides, its probably an industry secret. ;-)
March 20, 2011 04:35PM
Bob

I am not angry, and I do not have a mullet? Yes I like potato chips. I just
finished a bag of Lays Barbecue flavor.

I have not even started to tell everyone about Gem's Leather and Vinyl Protect ant yet.When I really get everyone sick of hearing about AT-5,we can discuss this product. This stuff is beyond belief for the price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2011 07:14PM by billd55.
March 20, 2011 05:02PM
Awesome Bill! :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login