Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does this concern you?

Posted by billd55 
Does this concern you?
March 15, 2011 07:34PM
I was looking at craigslist today. I like to check out the detailer
jobs in my area. I ran across this ad for car detailers wanted for a national
detailing firm (Teph Seal)that does work for car dealerships. They are constantly running ads,and here is the ad:

Automobile Detailers (Ft. Myers, FL)
Date: 2011-03-15, 1:11PM EDT
Reply to: job-wqnef-2266823808@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Labor Ready now hiring for position of automobile detailers. Must be able to buff, wax, wash and clean interior of cars, vaccum inside and remove dirty loose debri.

Must pass background check and drug screen.
2 years experience required.

Full time and part time positions.

* Compensation: $7.25 hr
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 2266823808

This is what is happening to the business. They seriously want someone with two
years experience who is not crackhead or felon to run a buffer for $7.25/hr.This is why the public thinks car detailers are nothing more than
gloried wax jockeys.

By car dealerships hiring these on site lot jockeys because they are more concerned about their bottom line than what these hacks do in damage to the
image of what a detailer is. This happens at dealerships everyday all over the US. The dealerships hope that whatever damage these hacks do will be corrected
and paid for by the vehicle owner.

Many of you here consider yourself professionals, but in the public's mind
they view you in the same light as these master hackers. That may not be the case, but it will effect your business and profit margin.

If two years of experience as a detailer only gets you a pay rate of $7.25 per hour. Then maybe what I have said about doing something different should get your attention.
Re: Does this concern you?
March 16, 2011 12:22PM
this seriously concerns me. $7.25 an hour is an outrage. Minimal wage for detailers in australia is $14 to 21 an hour

and I bet the way they have to buff is pretty horrid also
Re: Does this concern you?
March 16, 2011 09:01PM
I just emailed an application. Fingers crossed for me, guys! : P

They probably just mean hand-buff. Most bulk sealants are easy on, easy off for a short term gloss.

Public perception will always be a problem for high quality detailers. Word of mouth is the very best way of advertising and sometimes you need to have very high prices to get the message across that this is no ordinary service.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login