Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

VAPOR STEAMERS

Posted by expertdetailer 
VAPOR STEAMERS
March 25, 2011 02:23PM
Hey Guys:

Considering the purchase of a vapor steamer for my detail business, new as it is.

What do you recommend? Any brand preferences? Sizes? Price levels?

See them from $100 to over $2,000, what is the difference? How do you know what features to look for?

Do you use them to wash the car; clean wheels; carpets, upholsterly, glass. I have heard all sorts of stories that say YES to all those questions, but I am suspicious.

What do you guys think. Give me your inputs.

Regards
Re: VAPOR STEAMERS
March 25, 2011 04:40PM
I have used one a few times, although it works very well for things like seat tracks and upholstery,it will never replace the extractor system for really dirty cars. I find its best suited for cars that are fairly well maintained but a waste of time and money in a twenty year old ranch/farm truck.
March 25, 2011 07:07PM
Seems to me as you say that it is not a fix for everything. I agree that you need a soil extractor properly clean carpets.

What machine did you try or use? Cost?

Bud Abraham
March 25, 2011 11:47PM
Bud, the machine was a cheaper commercial unit, I dont remember the name of it. It is stainless steel and rectangular in shape, it was an ebay putchase of 800.00. It did and does work quite well for what it is designed to do. I especially appreciated its 'booster button' on the wand handle wich would provide a well sustained blast of super hot water for a good two feet. I have since tried to purchase this unit from the owner as I believe they are an excellent addition to any detailers shop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login