Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Car shampoo and swirl marks

Posted by billd55 
Car shampoo and swirl marks
May 10, 2011 03:58PM
What I cannot figure out is why people think that the major cause of swirl marks
is using a dirty wash mit that scratches the paint.Now I am sure that can be one reason,but certainly not the only one.

I really have to laugh when I see promotions like this:

Price: $29.95

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Gallon

PH balanced to maintain your finish
Safe, Swirl Free Car Washing
Economical Gallon Size Car Wash Shampo0
100% Biodegradable and Earth Friendly

Don’t just wash your car; treat it to a weekly shampooing with Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo!

Just as regular oil changes keep your car’s inner workings healthy, regular exterior cleaning keeps your vehicle’s paint, trim, wheels and glass healthy and beautiful. Adam’s has the solution to your routine exterior maintenance, and it all starts with Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo!

Road grime, acid rain, pollution, insects, pollen, tar, oil and other contamination all attach to the exterior of your vehicle and begin oxidizing and etching the surface of your car. If you leave the contamination too long, it will quickly deteriorate your car’s appearance. Likewise, if you use car wash products that are too strong or inferior quality, they will also damage your car’s delicate finishes.

When used with an Adam’s Professional Wash Pad and Adam's Microfiber Drying Towel, Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo gently cleans the exterior of your car without scratching or removing your wax protection. You and your car will both love the experience, because Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo make mounds of luxurious suds, it's easy on your skin, and it smells great.

Unlike many products on the market Adam's Car Wash Shampoo is perfectly pH balanced. What does this mean to you? It won't strip your wax! This means you don't have to apply wax as often and your finish stayed protected even longer!

Worried about the environment? So are we! That’s why our car wash shampoo is 100% biodegradable and earth friendly. Plus, we made it super concentrated to reduce the carbon footprint on packaging. A pint of our product produces more car wash suds than a gallon of the leading national brands.

My God, are these people serious when they say this:

You and your car will both love the experience, because Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo make mounds of luxurious suds, it's easy on your skin, and it smells great.

This product sounds like it is designed for washing human hair, and not my dirty car.Also, I am not to concerned if my car loves the washing experience either.

Let me get to the point of this post. WHY IS IT SUCH A STRETCH TO CONSIDER
THAT THE SWIRLS AND FINE SCRATCHES ARE NOT ON THE CLEAR COAT IN ALL CASES,BUT
ARE ON THE WAX SURFACE ITSELF.When wax hardens, the washing
and drying creates the swirls and fine scratches on the top of the wax layer.

When Adam's says this in their ad:

Unlike many products on the market Adam's Car Wash Shampoo is perfectly pH balanced. What does this mean to you? It won't strip yourwax!

This means you don't have to apply wax as often and your finish stayed protected even longer!The term "protected" used here means that this product will not strip the wax as fast so additional waxing will not be needed as often.

This statement really confuses me and makes zero sense:

Road grime, acid rain, pollution, insects, pollen, tar, oil and other contamination all attach to the exterior of your vehicle and begin oxidizing and etching the surface of your car. If you leave the contamination too long, it will quickly deteriorate your car’s appearance. Likewise, if you use car wash products that are too strong or inferior quality, they will also damage your car’s delicate finishes.

Why? Granted these things will damage your paint finish if they are not removed
quickly.Although,it is a fact that waxes and poly sealant offer no protection against these elements listed, and they also tend to trap them on the finish.
Also, these car shampoos are very mild so do they have the ability to remove them in the first place?

One has to consider when you are removing the wax and polysealant layers using Dawn or Iron X. Are those swirls and fine scratches on the clear coat,
or the wax layer that still has not been removed?

This product costs $29.95 a gallon which is a lot of money considering all it does is prevent stripping of the wax.Personally, if leaving these elements on the paint finish causes damage then I want a soap that will remove them, and not a shampoo that protects the wax or poly sealant that offers nothing but shine and
beading.
Re: Car shampoo and swirl marks
May 11, 2011 02:37AM
You really need to go to a Jr. College and take two courses to start with.
One-Markting of products
Two-Elementry chemistry

Both you may find very enlightening and allow you to gain better insight to the things you post/promote here, as well as understand how you are being manipulated by some chemical car care manufacturers.
May 11, 2011 12:24PM
Ron

I have a four year degree in business from the University of Colorado majoring
in marketing, and really have no clue what you are trying to say.
May 11, 2011 02:51PM
And if you truly had a degree in Marketing you would not be posting in the manner you do.
May 11, 2011 03:35PM
Please explain why, or mind your own business.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login