Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Logo

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Logo
December 21, 2003 09:48AM
<HTML>Thinking about creating an official logo for my company but having a major blank.

When you think of Precision what do you think of? I think of an architect's blue print measurements or "gearings."

What would be the best idea to link Auto & Marine together?

For example:

Domino's Pizza has a dice as it's pizza box -- (Dominick's was the original name and Domino's is a dice game); the Milwaukee Brewers use the M & B to make a baseball glove; Trojan Condoms have a Greco-Roman soldier helmet (Trojan & Protection -- pretty clever)

Any ideas?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Logo
December 21, 2003 11:04AM
<HTML>How about a micrometer "measuing" a P/C?</HTML>

-ghost of a past detailer
December 22, 2003 03:11AM
<HTML>precision to me is clock,I think clock ,coo coo coo!Im drawing a blank ,sorry brian.</HTML>
December 22, 2003 03:22AM
<HTML>look up precision on the net and see what comes up.

I detail for a machine shop called precision machine and mold. I joking call them "pretty close" machine and mold.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
December 22, 2003 06:04AM
<HTML>I think of the word, Precise.

Doctor over a car with intricate tools doing his job?

Rob</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
December 22, 2003 06:52AM
<HTML>Thanks guys. All good ideas!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

December 22, 2003 01:13PM
<HTML>Brian, here is my 2 cents> Precision to me is part perfection, all components put together with precise and maticulate workmanship, In that sense (since you promote cars and boats as your main source of busniess, why not have a yaght/ and an exotic pictured in some kind of symbol format. If you are getting into planes as well, you better get that incorporated in the theme. Maybe take the outline of a gear, inside the gear you could have a plane, boat, car, in a semi circle, The gear would have teeth, similar to how a machine is put together. That could symbolize the "Precision" as it relates to all facets of your business. People would know exactly what you stood for. Mercedes has a great example of Symbolism with their 3 point star. Most Mercedes owners I talk to don't even know what the star stands for, as you know the center stands for "perfection" while the 3 points relate to Land, Air and Sea. Thus Merecedes holds claim to perfection in all three facets of transportation . Pretty clever, Hope that helps, p.s. Your package is on its way, should be there soon, Gary</HTML>

&quot;Clean cars drive better&quot; www.perfectautofinish.com
December 22, 2003 01:53PM
<HTML>When I needed a logo I also needed a sign so I went to my sign painter and told him what I was going to be doing and what I'd like incorporated in the sign.

I don't know about all sign painters, but my guy is REALLY creative. In a few days he gave me four different designs (all great!) to choose from.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that you may get better results going to someone who does this for a living rather than spending a bunch of your time trying to come up with something.

On the other hand, you may be able to call your local high school art teacher and get your logo put in as an assignment for a class.

Steve</HTML>

December 22, 2003 04:19PM
<HTML>Brian:

Logo design is best done by artists who are experts in this field. This is the cost of doing business to hire professionals to do what they do best.

Why hire a "hacker" artist to do the job?

You do not always have to pay huge dollars either.

NIKE a Portland, Oregon based company, started by Phil Knight of Portland and the University of Oregon paid a Portland artist $35 for her design of the now famous NIKE "swoosh."

Bottomline, pay an expert to do what they do best. Isn't that the line of the professional detailer? To use us as we are the "best.?"

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
December 22, 2003 08:20PM
<HTML>Brian, not sure where I read this but someone maybe on this forum went to a local communtiy college and did a contest with the graphic art students , just put a $100 prize up for the winning logo , you never know, you might even get some local publicity in the press for it " Local businessman helps out students " kind of thing.

Jim.</HTML>
December 22, 2003 10:20PM
<HTML>That is a good idea for a school contest. I think I'll look into that.

My sister and brother-in-law are both professional artists, one doing graphic designing while the other is a professional faux finish painter. Both of them went to the Savanna College of Art & Design.

But, the companies they work for only take on major corporate accounts with thousands and thousands of an advertising budget. Sure they'll do me the family favor off the record.

As for the Mercedes symbol, I did not know that Gary. Glad you told me! When I add the planes and incorporate that into the name, first thing I thought of was a Navy SEAL (SEa, Air, Land)

The banner on my site will be fine for now. Has the name and company info in the middle with a yacht and Mercedes on each side. I just like something that will be a household logo and easily identifiable without looking at the name.

Thanks for all the great ideas!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

December 23, 2003 11:59AM
<HTML>Brian, The idea of having this done by a graphic art student is really the very best. I know Princeton has a graphic arts department and Rutgers I believe does also. One of them should be close to you. Suggestion: Go to the institution of your choice, speak with the dean of school of design and I am sure they will allow you to post a sign in a common area asking for a student to assist you with a project for a fee to be discussed. This is very commonly done at most university's. I know many students are eager to do this type of work for a small fee simply for the experience and the fact that they will use it in their resume's as experience and also may include in their portfolios. By the way, the Savanna School of Design is a great school!!!!! My wife and I visited there several times while she was at Georgia Tech. Beautiful and historic city, great school and every student and faculty member we met were fantastic people....Great beaches in area too smiling smiley)))). You can ask your sister and brother in law about my suggestion or ask them about doing the design for you but in fairness expect to pay the regular fee's. Remember the thread a month or so ago where we discussed what we should charge family members for our services......most of us agreed that in most cases they should pay our regular prices with perhaps some small discount. I feel certain you can find a student to do this for less and it keeps the family out of your business (my philosophy). Also this time of year is a great time to find a student to do such. They are not as busy with school projects at the beginning of the semesters as they will be later in the semeter when they will be TOTALLY (24 and seven) involved in school projects. Great idea and I wish you luck. Keep us posted on your progress. Happy Holidays, and Happy Detailing!!!! Ron</HTML>
December 23, 2003 09:46PM
<HTML>How about

Use a picture of a caliper (Tool used for precise measurement) with the end shaped as a buffer with two measuring legs open and a shiny car inside of it.

It all depends on the clientele you are trying to attract. If you are trying to attract people w/ top of the line vehicles than try to get away from the picture and more into the script type font cant think of the font at the moment but if you want email me and i will email the name of the font after the 28th of this month.</HTML>
December 24, 2003 01:30AM
<HTML>Thats what it's called...a caliper. Couldn't think of the name.

Still great ideas guys. I think I'll post a few "wanted" flyers around campus at Princeton University. It's only a 10 minute drive from me.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

December 24, 2003 02:33AM
<HTML>Brian, Try your best to place the flyers at the building(s) that are part of the school of design. In that way you will have a captive and interested audience. I know that most have a specific place in a commom area within the School of Design for such postings. The fact is that these design students are the hardest working ones on most campuses and as a result they rarely get away from there studios very often to "goof off" around campus. As an example I know that at both Ga. Tech, NC State and U of Va. the only buildings open and available for the students 24 and 7 are those containing the various design studios. These folks literally live(eat, sleep and socialize) in the studios. I have been to these studios at all hours of the day and night and it is not at all unusual to find people working at 3AM, or sleeping under tables and on the floor simply because they do not want to take the time to go to home or Dorm. Good luck and I am sure you will find someone once the new semester starts after the Holidays. Take Care, Ron</HTML>
May 03, 2011 02:39PM
Custom Logo Design, Custom Website Design, Custom Stationery Design, Custom Brochure Design and Custom Banner Design services are based on philosophy that an effective business logo design is more functional than a creative one; it must be polished, unique, and recallable to your customers and it should reflect the reality of your business and a logo design that spells a corporate image of your business.
May 03, 2011 02:58PM
Go spam somewhere else
May 06, 2011 07:01AM
Its a car forums so i would love to discuss my problem. Actually, I have created a car website and looking for a logo to pasted on my website because a logo is most important thing to make a brand popular.

Used cars for sale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login