Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What Type of Wheel Cleaner Do You Use?

Posted by buda 
What Type of Wheel Cleaner Do You Use?
November 19, 2011 10:28PM
DETAILERS what type of wheel cleaner (not brand) do you use?

buda
Re: What Type of Wheel Cleaner Do You Use?
November 20, 2011 01:28AM
Either HF Acid or a preferred APC.
November 20, 2011 10:14PM
I use acid-free or an APC or I have two of those types that run purple when they react with Iron particles.
November 21, 2011 06:05AM
Why an all purpose cleaner, they are usually not formulated to be very effective on wheels. You should look at a non-acid, alkaline wheel cleaner.

Regards
Bud Abraham
November 22, 2011 06:28PM
This cleaner is the "Jack of all things AND Master of all". Hands down the most verstile, effective & safe true "All Purpose Cleaner" on the market. Great on wheels, tires, wheel wells, engines, jambs, leather, vinyl and any general degreasing of vehicles (and many times tar). It's what all manufacturers should model their cleaners after. Optimum Power Clean: [optimumcarcare.com]

Yeah, it's a little on the pricy side, but it has dramatically reduced touch time for me by not needing to reach for 2-3 different cleaners on a detail.
November 22, 2011 07:18PM
Autosmart G101 has the best reputation on this side as the all purpose cleaner. Seems to be cheaper than the Optimum product but possibly has less finesse about it.
November 29, 2011 05:03AM
All I'm using is Carpro Iron X to decontaminate wheels
Every other time, just Optimum No Rinse

Acid and alkaline wheel cleaners are a no no. work fast but should be banned worldwide, nasty crap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2011 05:04AM by svr73.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login