Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is an acrylic sealant

Posted by billd55 
What is an acrylic sealant
December 05, 2011 01:33AM
Q.5: What is an acrylic sealant?
Acrylic sealant is a synthetic protective material used in a wide range of applications. It seals all types of materials to make them gap-free as well as resistant to infiltration from foreign matter. Variations of acrylic sealant are used extensively in the construction industry on residential and commercial properties. The drying or curing time for acrylic sealant varies according to the humidity and temperature of the location. When fully cured, flexible sealant then forms an elastic, rubbery coating over building surfaces and gaps. In addition to building joints, rubber-like sealant is used around windows and doors as well as to seal foundation cracks. Gaps in building siding can also be sealed with acrylic flexible sealants.

AT-5 is a one variation that was designed to be used on many surfaces such as clear coats , gel coat, alum., glass, chrome, and smooth plastic.
Re: What is an acrylic sealant
December 06, 2011 03:08PM
Bill - you should team up with this guy: [www.ibc34.com]
December 06, 2011 03:50PM
Bill - you should team up with this guy: [www.ibc34.com]

WHY?

HOW LONG DOES VaporWax APC 360ID LAST?

VAPORWAX PROTECTIVE CONDITIONING EFFECT LASTS FOR MONTHS EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS
VAPORWAX PROTECTIVE CONDITIONING EFFECT WILL LAST INDEFINITELY WHEN STORED OUT OF THE ELEMENTS
VAPORWAX UNIQUE MIRROR LIKE SHINE WILL LAST 1 TO 2 MONTHS EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS BEING WASHED ONCE A
WEEK WITH CLEAR WATER

Gee, if I leave a car in the garage all the time this product will last for months, but only 1 to 2 months if exposed to the elements. AT-5 lasts a min of one year in the elements, and I can wash it with Dawn once a week. AT-5 has a shine equal
to this product for a year, so why would I want to team up with this guy? Also, how am I going to remove the dirt and grime
with just clear water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 03:52PM by billd55.
December 06, 2011 03:56PM
billd55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why would I want to
> team up with this guy?

Because you're both Acrylic nut bags? And you've both been banned from multiple detailing forums? Sounds like a match made in heaven.
December 06, 2011 04:00PM
And you've both been banned from multiple detailing forums?

So have your heros Bud and Ron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login