Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Put up or shut up

Posted by billd55 
Put up or shut up
December 08, 2011 04:41PM
You know it really amazes me how much crap gets passed around on this forum. So far I have not seen one bit of evidence
from the groupies here showing any of their work. Opinions are like assholes, and everyone has one. Pro-Skeptic is a perfect example. Who the hell is this guy anyways. First, he says he has a detailing business in Orlando Fl, but now he is in Detroit thinking about opening up a detail shop / car wash. When has he posted ONE thing that shows he has any right to judge my work.

Calling me names, his opinion, and constantly reminding us that I have been banned from two detail forums is all he's got.
Every video I post is not good enough, and the vehicles are all full of swirls . This guy is a complete nut job, with a ego the size of a 40 story building. I do not charge enough, or I am swindling my customers is really getting old. Whatever I say
he has a negative remark for it.

Pro-Skeptic quote:
" I pretty much am 100% convinced of what is being done, but I'd give anything just to be a fly on the lens of Bill's camera. LOL. "

If what I was saying did not have any merit, than just let it go, but he just cannot. Really, I would like to see some pictures
of actual work done by Bud, Ron, Profile, and Pro-Skeptic LOL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 04:42PM by billd55.
Re: Put up or shut up
December 08, 2011 10:49PM
Bill, I chose to keep my company name off the forum for a few reasons. I can send you my website by PM if you want.
December 08, 2011 11:34PM
Pro-Skeptic excuses live on:

Bill - You've been put on a Need to Know basis for sharing of information. I'd hate for you to continue stalking me even more then you already have. Plus, if I shared my work experiences with you, you might get jealous or copy me. smiling smiley

Dude, what the hell is this baloney. I am stalking you . You are the one stalking all my posts, and I am sick of it.
Clearly, this shows what a phoney you are.
December 09, 2011 12:08AM
Bill, I chose to keep my company name off the forum for a few reasons

I asked you for some pictures of your work, not to see your website. Not that you have attacked or insulted me like a few
here, but I feel it is time others here should mind their own business. If you want to put what I say under a microscope and question everything with zero facts or proof, then I feel there should be some basis to determine others credibility in return.

I am not here for glory or money. As I have told you it is to try and change this outdated view of detailing that wax and correction is the future, I would like to see what your customer's cars look like when they come back to you,
Then we can all determine if what you do is a true benefit to your customer.

In my Jeep and Tahoe videos it shows what I have to offer. Now I would like to see pictures of what you and others here have to offer a year later,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 12:20AM by billd55.
December 09, 2011 01:00AM
billd55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to see what your customer's cars look
> like when they come back to you,
> Then we can all determine if what you do is a true
> benefit to your customer.
>
> In my Jeep and Tahoe videos it shows what I have
> to offer.

I’d never last in the detailing business, nor could I have respect for myself if all I could “offer” my clients was mediorce dish soap washes and miracle sealant makeovers. I get paid (well in fact) to maintain and preserve their vehicles to the highest standard possible w/o compromising quality. Because I don’t do full service washes, I regularly maintain most of these vehicles on a quarterly basis. Yes, at this time the surface is still beading just fine, but the entire vehicle usually requires a freshening up with a complete cleaning, light polishing with resealing & leather preservation. If all I was doing to make a couple bucks was a yearly wash & seal, I’d be doing a disservice to both my clients, myself and the professional detailing industry.
December 09, 2011 12:38PM
Pro-Skeptic

You are a joke. You refuse to offer any evidence of your work, or your experience as a detailer. Talk is cheap.

I am 56 years old, and do not do detailing full time any more. I have a select group of people that still call me who are friends
who ask me to maintain their cars .

Quote:

I have respect for myself if all I could “offer” my clients was mediorce dish soap washes and miracle sealant makeovers. I get paid (well in fact) to maintain and preserve their vehicles to the highest.

This sounds real impressive. Could you please explain to me how Dawn is a mediocre soap when it strips the crap you apply to your customers cars off?Also, could you explain how the baby shampoo you use cleans the finish so it will not strip the mystery wax you use?

Quote:

Yes, at this time the surface is still beading just fine, but the entire vehicle usually requires a freshening up with a complete cleaning, light polishing with resealing & leather preservation

See, you still are like the rest who consider beading as something important. Please explain to me what that means to me as a customer? It sounds good, but really what benefit does it offer as far as protection to the paint?Wax does not seal
the paint, but you are too stupid to figure that out.

Four times a year by your statement you polish and reseal your customers cars. What do you charge for that each time?
I would like to see pics of these cars after 3 months so I can see what they look like LOL.

Now let's see how I am doing a disservice to my customers. They can go to a car wash and not worry about the product I
apply washing off. They do not have to pay me 4 times a year to prevent swirl marks. Lastly , they know there paint is truly
protected. I think a customer with more brain cells than you would use my service over yours any day of the week.

Really Pro-Skeptic, I know in your mind you are the greatest detailer in Florida by your own words, but why not give up
on commenting on every post I write. What you are doing is no big secret at all, you are just like every other correction
detailer out their using wax. What you are really afraid of , but will not admit it is that if you did use AT-5 you would lose
income because correction would not be needed as often.
December 09, 2011 04:37PM
Bill - If AT-5 is guaranteed for 5 years, why are you reapplying it every year then? Either you're ripping your customers off or AT-5 is? (you must love swiss cheese because your stories are full of holes smiling smiley)
December 09, 2011 10:40PM
If AT-5 is guaranteed for 5 years, why are you reapplying it every year ?

It will last for 5 yrs under normal conditions, but what is a normal condition? It will last more than a year, but the shine reduces a bit, so I suggest every year to maintain the luster.
December 11, 2011 08:06PM
Bill, in your climate, how often do you estimate your clients cars get washed per month or year? And would they be automatic washes or hand-mitt washes?
December 11, 2011 10:31PM
Hard to say exactly on how often , but most are car washes. I will post a video when I get a chance of a car I did about a year
ago that I am sure has not been washed once unless left out in the rain.
December 12, 2011 08:18PM
I get cars like that in sometimes. In one way it can be good because there is very little wash damage.... but it can have problems as well - oxidation, growth on the window seals, etc. My climate is colder and damper than yours though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login