Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bill

Posted by concoursgarage 
Bill
December 16, 2011 11:23PM
Bill so we know you like to talk....but this one track discussion is not getting anywhere... So you say you are a detailer... what does that mean when you use the term? Tell us about yourself... how long have you been in business...how many cars do you do per week? are you mobile? or fixed? do you own equipment like shampoo extractor? ozone machine? vacuum cleaner? high speed buffers, dual action polisher? forced action polisher? do have a paint gauge? are you good at diagnosing problems and solving them like paint overspray, alkaline depost, artillery fungus removal? do you use only use Gem products? ...

Tell me do you do anything else in detailing except put AT-5 on a paint surface... do you have any customers that need to clean the interior of a vehicle? Do you have any customers that want to shampoo their carpets? Do you have any customer that want to polish their headlights? Do you have any customers that want to remove a stain? Do you have any customers that want to remove a scratch? Do you have any customers that need to make their cars look new because they are selling it and want to get the most money they can? Do you have any customers that need to remove an odor? Do you have any customers that want to enter a concours competition and want to make the vehicle and paint surface look perfect..do yhou think applying AT5 is good enough ?

Can you expand your discussion and talk about some other aspect of detailing... so at least we know you are not a one trick pony...
Re: Bill
December 17, 2011 03:10AM
After reading and reading and reading, and ahhh, nevermind.
You bring up excellent points, which of course will never be addressed.
This thing with Bill and his AT5 or whatever, reminds me of years ago when I was in my office, where a there were a number of trains that went by each day, on their way to their terminal.
One day, there was a train wreck.
It was interesting, and no one was hurt, but seen it once, don't care to see it happen again.
Sort of how I view this guy.
One big train wreck, with a broken record of the same, same, same, same, same.
December 17, 2011 04:26AM
Gina

I would be wasting my time. You all think it is about AT-5 , but it is not. You all brought it into this discussion by asking me how I knew what I said about wax was true.

Honestly, what do you , Bud , Ron , Profile , and Pro-Skeptic really discuss of importance on this forum
about detailing. I did not post one thing here for several months , and when I came back nothing was even posted. You all bitch that I am a train wreck, but what info do you post that is really helpful? Be honest here.

I know your big thing is cleaning carpets and cloth seats with an extractor. I respect your knowledge on that subject. I have used extractors in the past, and they do a good job on light cleaning. I am sure that new
equipment has come out that may bear me wrong on this subject.

Yes there are other aspects to detailing like cleaning engines, leather, cloth seats, and carpets. Although,
what is more important than the clear coat? Go to any other forum and all you here is the same broken record of the same, same, same, same, same as Ron complains about me.

If I make more than one attempt to mention a counter view on the subject of wax, I am banned. I have an
opportunity on this forum to mention a counter view on this subject. Maybe this info is something you have heard more than one time, but others may have not.

If you do not wish to read my posts than simply do not open them. What I say may not be what you like.
but at least I have been respectful in answering people's questions. Have never used insults to anyone
here , but have had many come my way.

I am not a full time detailer any more, but I still do work part time. At 56 , I would like to offer advice on what
I think a person should do to maintain a car finish besides using wax.
December 17, 2011 06:08AM
Great thread here Gina. And, another lame attempt/excuse from Bill to skirt around the questions that would further expose him at being even more of a hack then most already believe he is. I seriously doubt that Bill has ANY real world experience at not only detailing on a professional level, but running any kind of legitimate business. His responses reek of inexperience actually. Many might not know, but Florida is a haven for hack detailers like Bill. It's flooded with wanna be's that buy $100 worth of chemicals that peddle themselves like they are god's gift to car care. No wonder why Bill is so old and unaccomplished? How can anyone that has respect for not only themselves, but the industry charge $120 for 4-5 hours of work and think they are helping the industry progress? They're blindly not. But that's ok. It leaves more room for real detailing business owners to capitalize on their extreme weakness.
December 17, 2011 11:20AM
Pro-Skeptic

And, another lame attempt/excuse from Bill to skirt around the questions that would further expose him at being even more of a hack then most already believe he is. I seriously doubt that Bill has ANY real world experience at not only detailing on a professional level, but running any kind of legitimate business.

You are an absolute joke. Let me remind you of your response when I asked you to tell me your experience.Bill - You've been put on a Need to Know basis for sharing of information. I'd hate for you to continue stalking me even more then you already have. Plus, if I shared my work experiences with you, you might get jealous or copy me. smiling smiley experience.

But that's ok. It leaves more room for real detailing business owners to capitalize on their extreme weakness.

By the way, how is that business in Detroit working out for you that you talk about starting. You could not make it in Orlando?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 12:36PM by billd55.
December 17, 2011 01:54PM
Business is GREAT in both S.E. Florida & Metro Detroit!!!
December 17, 2011 03:07PM
Where is your business location? Do you have a website?
December 17, 2011 04:07PM
Again. You're on a need to know basis Bill. The last thing I'd do is share personal info with a skitzo nutbag such as yourself. I can't help thinking you're like one of those creeps that get caught on To Catch a Predator.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login