Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This can be prevented

Posted by billd55 
This can be prevented
December 19, 2011 03:03AM
Hi everyone,

Been using a bunch of random Meguiars products over the years because the auto stores here don't quite sell the full range of any Meguiars range. (i.e. bits of Mirror Glaze, bits of consumer line).
Anyhows, just bought myself a black S2000, with swirls and scratches, as usual...

[imgur.com]

and

[imgur.com]

shows those swirls and scratches on close-up, and some reflection that it has.

I'm looking to buy a DA polisher (Ryobi Polisher 750R), it has variable speed from 4000rpm to 7000rpm, and most likely LCC pads.

The current products I have are:

Soft Wash Gel
Deep Crystal System Step 1 Paint Cleaner
Scratch X 2.0
Cleaner Wax

#2 Fine-Cut Cleaner
#7 Show Car Glaze
NXT Wax
Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
Quick Detailer

Now, I want the deepest, luscious glossy black one can get.
Can anyone advice me, along with the paint condition shown, as well as my current products, and extra products (either M105, M205, UC, UPC), as well as pad combinations to bring my car up to the level I require?
I would also need a sealant am I right?

Cheers for the help guys

My Comments;

Now, I want the deepest, luscious glossy black one can get.
Can anyone advice me, along with the paint condition shown, as well as my current products, and extra products (either M105, M205, UC, UPC), as well as pad combinations to bring my car up to the level I require?
I would also need a sealant am I right?

Well, given the products that this guy uses which are waxes, glazes, and Soft Wash Gel(Which sounds like something you apply to your face) I would say he is going in the wrong direction. No doubt these products will correct the condition in the pic, but the only question is for how long.

If you use extra mild baby shampoo with extra body you may have a fighting chance of several months before it looks like this again.Then you will need to use Scratch X to make it worse, and than if you are lucky enough you will get a detailer who was trained by Pro-Skeptic who can polish the vehicle. Of course, 2 coats of wax will follow to keep the cycle going.

This problem does not have to end this way. Basically, every product he mentioned will work against what he really wants.
The polishing will reduce the luster over time, and more wax will be needed to compensate for that.

If you are just 1% smarter than the instructions, and stop using wax you can save a lot of money on products you do not need, and wasted time on a hopeless plan. Detailing is not that hard. On average, people are keeping their vehicles
9 years, so protection of the clear surface is paramount to a shiny healthy paint surface to most normal people.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 03:12AM by billd55.
Re: This can be prevented
December 20, 2011 03:35AM
So, basically what you're saying is that using the correct products and procedures to *initially* correct the finish coupled with the follow up of proper washing technique will still "reduce the luster over time"??? No way, no how.....FACT!

I've corrected ALOT of vehicles for clients as well as my own vehicles and they are still looking practically perfect years later. Unlike the cars you show in your videos that are and will always be swirled up both before & after using AT-5.
Re: This can be prevented
December 20, 2011 02:43PM
So, basically what you're saying is that using the correct products and procedures to *initially* correct the finish coupled with the follow up of proper washing technique will still "reduce the luster over time"??? No way, no how.....FACT!

I've corrected ALOT of vehicles for clients as well as my own vehicles and they are still looking practically perfect years later. Unlike the cars you show in your videos that are and will always be swirled up both before & after using AT-5.

NUT JOB !

I've corrected ALOT of vehicles for clients as well as my own vehicles and they are still looking practically perfect years later.

All talk and no action.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2011 03:10PM by billd55.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login