Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Wettest Tire Protectant...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Who can recommend the name & brand of the wettest looking tire protectant on the current market today? There is no preference on either a spray or liquid form. The gels are a waste of time & also a waste of product.

Looking only to hear the wettest looking results from anybody that has conducted any conclusions on any new wet tire protectant.
Dan
Re: The Wettest Tire Protectant...
December 23, 2001 12:39AM
Are we talking "pep boys" style or ordering from a professional shop?
wes
January 04, 2002 12:20AM
i recommend black magic tire wet or if i don't have the time armor all tire foam which i also use on wheel wells all the time.
January 04, 2002 02:09AM
I prefer to use Castrol's Tire Gloss. I have tried it all and it is a deep, rich shine that has a decent endurance. It is not the clear liquid but a white milky substance that has to just sit on the tire for 30 min or more, so it is not that fast but you will like it. Hope that you consider my advice.
We'll give it a try & will let you know how are testing goes with all of the different tire compounds & also the different tire tempertures with each stand off.
January 05, 2002 12:34AM
I have tried ALOT of different tire dressings and have found the most success with Eagle One Wet Tire Shine. It is a spray and I make sure to use one of the custom-shaped sponges to spread the dressing evenly after spraying it on. 2 coats gives an awesome shine and it lasts a decent amount of time too. I had someone on this board offer a product called "Bazooka" that he said was a "professional-grade" detail product. Toddco, Dan or Jackimoe, have you guys had the opportunity to try or have you even heard of Bazooka?
January 05, 2002 03:30AM
I use "Black Magic". It sprays on and lasts for weeks. I have been using it on my tires since I have had the car and after 20k miles, they still look brand new. Get it in the spray bottle. The foam doesn't seem to last that long.
January 06, 2002 04:40PM
bazooka? not yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login