Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Selling Cars for Customers

Posted by Dan 
Dan
Selling Cars for Customers
June 24, 2005 04:07AM
<HTML>Hey guys I have a new one. A good customer wants me to sell her car since she does not want the hassle, its a mercedes that could easily fetch $23000. Have any of you done this type of thing before. I have sold many cars for myself, but never for profit. How do I charge her? I was thinking 5-10% I cant find any information on this matter and was wondering what you guys have done. Thanks!!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.COM</HTML>
Re: Selling Cars for Customers
June 24, 2005 05:30AM
<HTML>I have done it a number of times but usually I buy the car from them for cheap and sell it for a profit myself.

I have never done it by % we just make a deal for a set amount.</HTML>

Superior Shine-Covina, Ca.

Please join me in giving thanks to our men and women who serve in the name of our freedom and cannot be home with their families. Please include them in your prayers.
June 24, 2005 12:45PM
<HTML>Dan, Joe is right, buy low sell high. I do this on occasion myself, especially when I can turn a quick buck.

Up side, you get the profits, down side you may have monies tied up for awhile. No rocket science here at all............................ Brandy !</HTML>
Dan
June 24, 2005 05:49PM
<HTML>Thanks guys, I guess I will charge her a percentage because I dont want to tie up $20000. Thanks!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.COM</HTML>
June 25, 2005 09:37PM
<HTML>What is she willing to pay for you to sell it? What you should ask her is what she wants to get for the car and if you can get more for it than she is willing to take the remainder is yours.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
June 26, 2005 03:26AM
<HTML>I have done this, the customer give me the asking price and let me keep what ever more I can get for it.
1996 Mercury Sable in excellant condition, the customer bought his mother a new Lexus and his mother gave him her car so he was asking just the BlueBook, $2,000, I got $3,400 from another customer looking for a school car for his daughter.
"98" Benz C230, asking $10,000, got $13,200</HTML>

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
June 27, 2005 06:07PM
<HTML>I just sold a customer's 2001 Passat for him and he gave me $1000 on a $14250 sale in cash for my trouble. I would rather do one of those a week than detail cars I tell ya.</HTML>

Dan
June 28, 2005 01:03AM
<HTML>With all of our knowledge about reconditioning, we would be better off selling cars!!! No seriously, I am thinking about getting a dealer license.

Thanks for all your comments!!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
June 28, 2005 01:46AM
<HTML>We have overlooked the most important fact: Is she good looking?</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
June 29, 2005 07:36AM
<HTML>Sounds like you all want to add "brokerage" to the business agenda! Smart moves.

I'm planning on doing this with boats but more contact and smarter e-commerce skills are needed. Yacht broker sounds so much elite than professional detailer. smiling smiley</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
June 29, 2005 07:40AM
<HTML>Sounds like you all want to add "brokerage" to the business agenda! Smart moves.

I'm planning on doing this with boats but more contacts and smarter e-commerce skills are needed. Yacht broker sounds so much more elite than professional detailer. smiling smiley</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
July 08, 2005 01:13PM
<HTML>I sold about 12 cars in the last 2 years for a percentage. I started advertising this service and made quite a few $$$ doing this. Can be a bit overbearing though. You will be inundated with phone calls and e-mail, especially if selling a collectible car on ebay.</HTML>

Like New Auto Detailing LLC
www.likenewautos.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login