Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gas prices!

Posted by Scott Perkin 
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gas prices!
September 22, 2005 02:52AM
<HTML>Okay, gas just jumped from $0.95 per litre to $1.80 per litre in my neck of the woods and I hear it is going that way all across Ontario. Is it even legal for these companied to do this kind of crap? At that price we are paying $7.20 a gallon for regular fuel! I am going to be riding my bike if this keeps up!</HTML>

Re: OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gas prices!
September 22, 2005 02:02PM
<HTML>Okay - correction. Gas went to over $2.00 per litre in a lot of the small communities around here. This is ridiculous.....</HTML>

September 22, 2005 02:30PM
<HTML>It's mad, when I left two weeks ago it was nearly $3.00 a gallon, this week it is down to $2.37 a gallon.

It will get worse too, if this new strom thumps as hard as they think it will, about 20% of the nations refineries will go off line according to the news last night. They said they can switch them off really quickly but it takes nearly a week to start them up again. So gas will be in short supply for a week at least.

Fun eh ?

Jim.</HTML>
September 22, 2005 05:45PM
<HTML> I hear ya brother,and don,t forget i,m mobile!!! Scott my wife saves us a fortune by riding her bike to work,to her gym class 6 days a week at 45 km daily ,and every sunday 100km ride,she bikes till it snows or bitter cold as she has the works in accessories .(lights,clothing)She literally saves us thousands !!! Of course the maintence is a killer she goes through 6 chains a year,and the tires cost more than most car tires lol</HTML>
September 22, 2005 06:32PM
<HTML>No doubt. I really would like to ride the bike to work or rollerblade but due to time constraints just don't see how it could work for me. God knows I could desperately use all the exercise!</HTML>

September 22, 2005 07:08PM
<HTML>Guys:

It is killing me too, and many customers are choosing to put fuel in the car instaed of getting it detailed. It cost me $70 dollors to fill the tank in the work van.

Again I am really wondering the costs of a shop vs mobile??

I know there are alot of other expenses in havoing a shop..

Just venting!!!!</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
September 22, 2005 07:20PM
<HTML>Said it three weeks ago, will say it again.

All products that are made from crude, clothes, bottles, paint, cleaners, cost of building a house, tires, cars, etc are going to increase in price.

The gas prices are just the tip of the iceberg in the long run.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
September 22, 2005 07:29PM
<HTML>Ron:

I just talked to someone in the Plastic industry today....

To say it is the tip of the iceberg is a understatement!!!!</HTML>

September 22, 2005 07:38PM
<HTML>Yup, the beads that are used to blow plastic bottles come from crude oil, as does most of what goes in the bottle in the car care chemical business.

We have our own blow mold machine, the pellets/beads have increased close to 20% as of last week.

Polymers of all kinds are jumping up in price.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
September 23, 2005 01:15PM
<HTML>Ron:

Yep! That is one of the products they produce...

I really don't have a good feeling about this price increase..

Wonder how many more people will buying products off shore to save money?

Just passed a station this morning $3.49 a gal. The only problem was all the others were at $2.85 a gal.

Guess they will all be at 3.49 by the end of the day..</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login