Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

After decal removed, what kind of buffing compound should be used?

Posted by Dwight A 
After decal removed, what kind of buffing compound should be used?
January 05, 2002 12:22AM
I have a 26foot mobile vet clinic. I'm having the old vinyl decals, stripes etc removed by a shop. Thinking about doing the buffing myself. The clinic is used and has been outside for 3 years, needs a buff job due to slight oxidation around decals. I have a basic buffer/sander in one. What type of rubbing compound do I use? Should I wax after removing the oxidation before the graphics company puts on the new vinyl graphics? Is this a job for a pro? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
You will want to use any type of liquid rubbing compound with your polisher. As if this job is for a pro, that depends how experienced you are using a high speed polisher. You cannot do this job with an orbital, it will not turn out right. You also have to consider on how much your time is worth. Would it be cheaper in the long run if you just had someone come out & do the job for you?

You do not want to apply any wax before the new decals are placed onto your mobile unit due to unproper adheisive matters. A good cleaner polish will do the right job for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login