Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 step on paint

Posted by john chambers 
2 step on paint
February 26, 2006 04:15PM
<HTML>the majority of people i detail cars for are not interested in paint correction , when it comes to the paint they want nothing more than "a wax job". but when it comes down to it i refuse to wax paint that is not prepped in some way shape or form. if there is one step/product that would give me and the customer the most bang for the buck in prepping the paint to be waxed ; what would it be? something that would cover 99% of the cars you would see. (this is something i would do on every car , giving the customer the option of additional steps/results).please help</HTML>
Re: 2 step on paint
February 26, 2006 10:42PM
<HTML>cleaner wax- such as Meguiars #66</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
February 27, 2006 01:57AM
<HTML>"thanks for taking time to help. would using the #66 be the only step or would there be a benefit to adding an additional coat of wax after the #66. thanks again !"

one step it</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
March 01, 2006 09:39PM
<HTML>Try Bud Abraham's One Step,its a cleaner and a sealant all in one...Brandy</HTML>

Thanks Webb Master for getting me back on Line!.....Brandy
March 01, 2006 10:48PM
<HTML>i appreciate the response.i have tried one step products and do find them usefull , but there are many times (most of the time) that i feel even just one step prior to waxing (even with a one step product) would have made a dramatic differance. with that being said i am wanting to know what would be the best 2 step procedure and the products to use. this would be a starting point for me . something i would do to every vehicle i detail. the majority of work i have done has been with a pc ; though i did purchase and am getting somewhat comfortable with a makita rotary. thanks guys i appreciate the help !</HTML>
March 01, 2006 11:51PM
<HTML>John, use Abraham's 1 step and it will clean,then seal. He uses his Diamond Plus in the mix. Thus giving you a 2 step in ONE! I have used it many times,and any vehicle thats been out for a few years can use a good surface cleaning before sealing or waxing which ever you prefer. This is the way I do it. Vehicles say less than 2 years old if they are of the out doors variety,and aren't garage kept, shouldn't need the cleaner and you could just wash and seal or wax. This in itself could be disclaimer as it will depend where the vehicle has been and exposed to what!

One of my best trucking customers vacationed in Southern California,and drove his new Benz conv out there and back. That thing looked like it had been left for 2-3 years un attended....Hope this helps.......Brandy</HTML>

Thanks Webb Master for getting me back on Line!.....Brandy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login