Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

...something new...

Posted by Doug Delmont 
...something new...
September 24, 2006 03:27AM
Students of ancient history will recall the story of Archimedes, who thought up something and immediately ran naked through the streets, shouting, "Eureka, Eureka !"
Had Ron Ketcham been around back then ( and, heck, he may have been ), he'd have asked Archimedes exactly who he was and what entitled him to literally run around claiming to be a great thinker.
I'm much too concerned with my image to run naked even in my own home, but I'm not afraid to say I've found something new.

Wal-mart has a special household mop consisting of a large rectangular, cushioned plastic plate, onto which is mounted a microfiber bonnet. The handle is a long metal pole attached by a sort of universal joint. Replacement bonnets are available. The contraption costs about $12.
I'm guessing this thing will allow detailers to apply wax to trucks, vans, RVs and maybe even boats in record time. It should work on any big flat surface and might work as a wash mop too.
It is hard to find anything that hasn't been covered on this forum so this is exciting. If you try one, post and let us know how well it serves.
Doug
" Even moderation should not be done to excess. "
Re: ...something new...
September 29, 2006 04:35AM
I actually have a patent pending for a similiar device for boat detailing. Should sell for around $350 when licensed and marketed.
October 05, 2006 07:54PM
Brian-
Don't tell me...you also sell a $10,000.00 can of wax to apply with your invention.

" There's a Barnum born every minute. " LOL
Doug
November 25, 2006 02:55AM
Gentlemen:
It turns out that Home Depot carries a flat mop similar to the one I wrote about in the first post but theirs employs a cotton terry bonnet.
Doug
" The detailing shop-where innovation is nothing new."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login