Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Acrylic sealant suggestion

Posted by billd55 
Acrylic sealant suggestion
April 03, 2010 03:49PM
If you would like to try an acrylic sealant, and not spend a fortune.I have not used this product myself,but you get 16 ozs of sealant,a clay bar and lub., and micro fiber towels for a fair price. 16 ozs will do three cars, and it is on sale
now. Here is the link:

[www.chemicalguys.com]
Re: Acrylic sealant suggestion
April 04, 2010 07:27PM
Bill

With all due respect that is not a deal. Consider this:

Top Quality Paint Sealant - 1 gallon $23.95
Sponge Clay Pad 5.00
Spray Bottle 3.95
Water & Hand Soap for Lubricant N/C
2 - Micro Fiber Towels 2.00

TOTAL $34.90

One gallon of sealant gives you 30 to 32 applications.

On line companies like Chemical Guys charge way more than legitimate detail chemical companies. Why not compare prices.
April 05, 2010 12:25AM
Bud
If you are talking about your sealant, I would not consider that top quality.
Something that places #18 and #19 out of 25 products in protection and about #4
in shine is worth the $23.95 in my opinion.<br>

The reason I suggested this company,is that maybe some people do not want to buy a gallon at first.They may want to try it out and see if they like it.When you buy a smaller amount you will always pay a little more,plus your product is not an acrylic sealant.As mentioned, I have not used this product from the Chemical Guys,and I would suggest the product I use, but they will only sell gallons.<br>

A deal is not always the cheapest price.When you read the label of the product I use, it states this:
A FORMULATION THAT PROTECTS AGAINST CORROSION,ACID RAIN,ENVIRONMENTAL FALLOUT AND OXIDATION.<br>

SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR BASE COAT/CLEAR COAT FINISHES,AS WELL AS PAINTED FINISHES.CREATES AN IMPENETRABLE SHIELD THAT RUSTPROOFS WEATHERPROOFS PROTECTS<br>

A FLAWLESS SHINE THAT LASTS UP TO 5 YEARS UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS.<br>

OUTWEARS-OUTSHINES ANY WAX OR SILCONE POLISHES.EASY TO APPLY AND EASY TO REMOVE.<br>

I thought it was strange when you mentioned legitimate detail chemical companies,and when I searched for you product(Diamond Plus) on the net I cannot
find anything about it.Although,I did find someone who tried it,and here is what they said about it:<br>

[web-cars.com]

He(showcar) tried your product, and he felt it was not a quality sealant.
April 05, 2010 01:03AM
Bill

Sorry if I confused you.

What I said was that the two products that were #1 and #2 in reflective gloss increase were Klasse 32.8% increase and reflective gloss and TST 5000 32.6% increase in reflective gloss were TST #19 and TST 5000 #21 Klasse in resistence to saltwater corrosion.

Correspondingly, DIAMOND PLUS was 5th increase in reflective shine with 30.9%

However, in resistence to salwater corrosion DIAMOND PLUS was #1 along with Zaino Bros and 885 Fleetwax.

The reality is that any product can do anything the chemist wants it to do, it is all a matter of how they develop the formulation. If they want high shine they will sacrifice durablity. If they want durability they will sacrifice shine.

That is chemistry my Bill, nothing else. Please do not be mislead by marketing "BS" (excuse the terminology, but I think you clearly understand that term), a sealant cannot last more than 3 to 6 months under the best conditions.

By your own admission you are not a formulator of products and all your hands on experience does not make a product you use any better or worse than it is intrinsically.

Waxes and sealants are only so good and that is it.

If you do not have a knowledge of how waxes and sealants are formulated then you really, are, with all due respect, "blowing a lot of smoke."

And, in addition to formulating the products we use them in actual detailing applications and know as much as you do with regard to real life situations.

There is really no magic here, just basic chemistry.

You really ought to read what the Chemist said to you, he makes a lot of sense.

Just some well intentioned thoughts to help educate you.

Regards
April 05, 2010 01:56AM
Bud

The only one here that is blowing alot of smoke is you.You say one thing and then you change it when you realize you misstated the results from your test.From what I understand you are not a chemist,so you have someone make up some formulation and now you are a expert.I am not the one telling everyone here on this forum the
marketing BS that your product is a quality sealant.Clearly,it is not.If you compare it to waxes/ hybrid waxes then you may have a point.<br>

You and your chemist know nothing about an acrylic sealant, but what your opinion is.Although, you have not tested this product,or do you know what is in it.It is clear to me the only reason you are here is to push your product.<br>

Your logic about me not knowing how to formulate a wax or sealant is really a stupid statement.You refuse to believe that there may be a better product out there because you say so.Well, I disagree, so let's end this conversation.
April 05, 2010 02:11AM
Bill

Thank you for your comments. Let us just leave it where it is. You believe what you want and that is good. This is a great country that allows freedom of speech and thought and you can think as you wish.

It is clear that no one else is interested in what you or I have to say so let's just leave it at that.
April 05, 2010 02:52PM
Bill just send Bud a sample of your product. Bud just send Bill a sample of your Diamond Plus, and compare . Arguement over! Of course without a arguement there is nothing to read.
April 05, 2010 06:04PM
Larry

How about I send you a sample of mine, and Bud send you a sample of his.You can be the judge.
April 06, 2010 02:18PM
Id be glad too.
April 06, 2010 03:01PM
Larry

Send me a private message with your address.
April 06, 2010 03:35PM
Hey Bill send me a sample and I will have our independent lab run it through a battery of tests for you.

PO Box 20755
Portland, Oregon 97294

Regards
May 14, 2010 03:13AM
no considerations

Car Detailing Charlotte
704-464-0163
[www.cardetailingcharlotte.com]
Charlotte, NC 28246

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 03:52AM by Charlotte.
June 06, 2010 01:58AM
A guy who claims he's not selling anything is offering to send out free samples of a product to promote it ????? How generous !

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login