Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Weather stripping...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Weather stripping...
January 11, 2002 07:37AM
German rubber weather stripping tends to hold more protectant than the american weather stripping does. By keeping the weather stripping protected with protectant, you will achieve a better seal to keep out the unwanted moisture that the winter has to offer. The stripping will also be more supple & will not dry out & become brittle with age if protectant is applied often.
Re: Weather stripping...
January 11, 2002 12:04PM
Todd, thanks for your imput on these various topics. I will try the plastic polish as is seems that tail and head lights seem to get neglected during the process. Can you add one more item to the board regarding treatment of rubber/or plastic panels. I have found some cars (the new issuzu is a good example) have some kind of material other than metal all over the body. I'm not sure exactly what to use. I have tried using vinyl/leather conditioner which seems to work. I would hate to have it fade later on after a customer leaves. If you could try to clarify some of the various protectants/tire>leather>solvent based? non-solvent based> Thanks turboman..oh, and how do you know if say a molding is plastic or a hard rubber?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login