Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Digital Paint Thickness Guage

Posted by buda 
Digital Paint Thickness Guage
May 21, 2011 05:44AM
How many of you DETAILERS use digital paint thickness gauges?

If not, are you interested in a device that would measure the mild of film on a vehicle, digitally.

What would you pay for such a device.
Re: Digital Paint Thickness Guage
May 21, 2011 05:33PM
No more than $50.00
May 21, 2011 05:51PM
Bob

Thank you for your post. You can get a magnetic paint thickness guage for that price, but the electronic, digital units made in the USA are no less than about $495 but we are sourcing some from overseas that might sell for about $199 which is much better than the US made ones, but still expensive.

Was trying to determine if detailers would use them. They are a useful tool if you are doing high quality work and you want to impress customers with your knowledge.

Thanks again

Bud Abraham
May 21, 2011 06:25PM
The digitals are very nice, however even at $200.00 they are still a bit high.
May 21, 2011 06:41PM
Thank you again for your reply. Yes, it is a high price to pay unless you can use it to market your professionalism and service.

Bud Abraham
May 22, 2011 06:39AM
I use digital gauge's and some cost 800 to $4000 dollars down under in Aus
But that are a very valuable tool especially doing super high end work that I am doing with orange peel removal, DA sanding and in depth machine correction, and also paint thickening (need a gauge to measure the thickness until we are happy with the amount we get)

Would like to own a gloss metre
May 22, 2011 07:04AM
Happy to sell you the one we are sourcing for $199. If interested let me know and I will send you a catalog sheet on it. Great instrument.

Bud Abraham
buda@detailplus.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login