Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Epic bird poop stain

Posted by billd55 
Epic bird poop stain
May 26, 2011 12:00AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Epic bird poop stain
I got hit with a nast bird bomb today and couldn't get it off until I got home about 8 hours later. I soaked the mass with quick detailer and it came off. Unfortunately, it left a rough spot where it was which I took it down a little with a clay bar, Zaino all in one cleaner/wax, and another heavy dose of quick detailer, and more wax on top of that. Some of it is still there and at certain angles it is very noticable. Is there anything out there that you guys can recommed to get that stain out, or has it already eaten its way into the clear coat?

Modder-ator

Gallery
Garage
This happened to a fellow club member last month. Uses Ziano too since the MINI was new in 05. From several angles the poop stain is still visible. He tried everything.

As I, he has been using Ziano for long time, does it by the book and often. His MINI's paint finish is better than showroom. But I am becoming suspicious of the acutal protection this Ziano stuff provides. It did nothing for his paint finish and apparently yours as well....

Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum

Gallery
Garage
Bird poo etching can happen in as little as 10 seconds and will go straight through any sort of wax barrier. All these coatings do is buy you some time to remove the problem..but 8 hours is a LONG time...the damage has already been done.

Zaino, Epic, Turtle Wax, etc... will all give varying amounts of protection. It's the same as rock chips. Can't expect wax to protect your paint from physical impacts, and bird poo is a chemical attack on your paint.

As far as improving it, buffing with a polisher as people have said might help, but the best thing to do is look at it with a magnifying loupe. A 10x is sufficient and you can see how deep is the damage..if it went straight through the clear..no amount of buffing will fix it. Just use a wax with fillers..your Zaino has them...and learn to ignore the problem area is about all you can do.

Wait,I thought wax offers excellent protection on paint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login