Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

vapor steam cleaners

Posted by bobm 
vapor steam cleaners
June 22, 2011 03:08AM
Who here uses a vapor steam cleaner? What brand? Price? Features? Im really considering one but can a quality machine be had for under $500.00?
Re: vapor steam cleaners
June 22, 2011 09:26PM
I use one. Its a great selling point for interior work since it kills bacteria and spores. The steering wheel alone can harbor 7 times more bacteria than a public toilet seat.

Its good on stains as well and cleaning leather and plastic surfaces is a breeze. Just spritz some APC or Leather cleaner across the surface and steam lightly before wiping with a towel. Glass comes up invisible as well.

The only thing I was left wondering about was if I should have bought one with the full vac capability as well.

Another way I use it, btw, is if a car is not in a position to be given a full wet wash. I was at a client recently with a Lambo in a garage, but the battery was flat and couldn't be moved out. I sprayed the car with waterless wash and then steamed it down wiping with a fresh MF towel on each panel. Did a great job!

You should get one for under 500. Mine is 5 bar and 160 degrees of vapour steam. What did I ever do without it!! LOL My Tornador is gathering dust now!
September 02, 2011 01:35AM
Dupray hill injection at 121 psi. Cost about $2,450. And I think there's a vaporchief for $695. Checkout Dupray website, lots of videos! You can even use it to wash and wipe exterior and engine detailing, watchout you might be sold on the engine detail video by itself! Oh and an optima steamer, at about $5000. These are just some that I found interesting despite the high prices.
September 03, 2011 07:03PM
I seriously doubt if you could find a steam cleaner under $500, I think maybe $1,500+ you will be able to find one. If you thinks its expensive you may want to rent one from your local grocery store, I used to do this until I got sick and went for an organic cleaning with steam business.
September 04, 2011 02:01AM
Bob

DETAIL PLUS offers three vapor steamers for any budget or cleaning requirement:

Mini Vapor Steamer - $ 99.95 (1 year guarantee)
Economy Vapor Steamer 225.00 (1 year guarantee)
Deluxe Vapor Steamer 1395.00 (with cart)

Depending on how often you will use it either the Economy or the Deluxe is my recommenation.

If you send me your email I will send you a spec sheet to show capacity; temperature; pressure, etc. That can help you make up your mind.

Bud Abraham
buda@detailplus.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login