Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AI Paint Neutraliser

Posted by Profile Detailer 
AI Paint Neutraliser
September 19, 2011 04:06PM
Hi Ketch,

Maybe you can advise on this. I use the ABC system a lot. Its great as a deep cleanser prior to machine polishing.

Recently I started to apply the step A through a foam gun though. It seems to work a treat that way. Do you see any issues with that?

Also, Step B - the mild oxalic acid. How come this was never released as a wheel cleaner? It removes raildust and metallic contamination from paintwork so I usually give the wheels an application of this as well.

Thanks. smiling smiley
Re: AI Paint Neutraliser
September 20, 2011 05:40PM
I guess you can, but we found it to be wasteful of product.
With the large 9x9 wash mitts, once you load it with the A mixture, can normally do a vehicle with half as much product as using a normal mitt and going back to the bucket time after time.
Just keep "flipping the mitt" as you go, same with the C Detail Wash, no waste, faster, etc.
Since you foam it on, hope you still agitate the A with a mitt and follow the dwell time specified.
I recently did a F-150 and used only 10 oz of concentrate to do the whole truck.

As far as a wheel cleaner, yes it does sorta of work, but they make Custom Wheel which has a couple of extra goodies in it and is for wheels, works faster if the wheel hasn't been cleaned in a long, long time.
Spray, it's foams and clings, agitate with a soft brush, rinse.
If really bad-the stuff on the wheel went on in layers and was baked on by wheel heat, and since it is OEM tested and approved for factory wheels, will not damage no matter how long it is left on, give it time.
Back to the "layers" of stuff, sometimes that stuff has to come off in layers, which means reapplying, agitating, etc, etc.
Grumpy
Re: AI Paint Neutraliser
September 21, 2011 08:54PM
You know, I never considered applying it directly onto a wet wash-mitt. The reason I applied with foam is because I found mixing 8 to 1 in a bucket was very wasteful!! I just thought I needed a full bucket to get rid of the heavy dirt safely first. Next time I will just give a regular preliminary wash and then follow up with the ABC.

Its a great system and as foam, it works pretty well alright. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login