Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DETAILING SEMINAR

Posted by buda 
DETAILING SEMINAR
November 11, 2011 12:36AM
DETAIL PLUS will be conducting a full day detail seminar in conjuction with the Midwest Carwash Association at their convention and trade show in Novi (Detroit), Michigan on January 31, 2012 at the Suburban Collection Showplace from 8:30am to 5:00pm. Attendees receive 2 passes to the 2 day Expo, February 1 & 2.

Session 1 - Setting Up an Express Detail Operation

Session 2 - Everything you Need to Know About Setting & Operating a Full Service Detail Operation

For more information and registration contact: Jenny Fedewa jenny@midwestcarwash.org
Re: DETAILING SEMINAR
November 12, 2011 02:30PM
Looks like another interesting event and I'll most likely be attending.

Will you be bringing a BuffPro? I'd like to see a 1st hand demonstration of the machine.
November 12, 2011 05:12PM
Will probably have a BUFFPRO on display, but the seminar is conducted in a hotel meeting room and there is no place for demonstrations.

For a knowledgeable detailer like yourself I am sure this seminar will be much too elementary for you, it is for car wash operators and smaller, less experienced detailers to help them know what things to consider in setting up and operating a detail business such as:

Market Analysis of Area Where They Will Do Business
Location of Shop or if moble, where they will conduct business
Layout of shop or Van/Trailer
Equipment Required
Supplies
Chemicals
How to Hire, Train & Monitor Employees
Pricing
Merchandising
Promotion
Public Relations
Advertising

I am certain you are on top of all these areas, but you are certainly invited to attend.

Who has the correct philosophy of government, the Democrats or the Republicans?

We all have our opinions and it appears that mine disagree with yours, that does not make me correct and you incorrect, it is just that we disagree.

Bud A
November 12, 2011 06:32PM
Gotcha, that makes sense. The MCA conventions in Novi I’ve attended in past years were in more of an “industrial” type building. Regardless, I’m looking forward to seeing the machine in person. It may bring me a little closer to pulling the trigger on one....

As far as what will be discussed, I’m willing to have an open mind as I subscribe to the notion of “You’re never too old or experienced to learn something new”. I think it’s a shame many “Pros” seem to cop-out to this excuse. As a matter of fact, I’m in the preliminary stages of opening up a detail shop/car wash in the Metro Detroit area and would love a refresher course on this subject. At the very least, I will have the pleasure of meeting someone whom I’ve followed for decades.

And, we should all step back and realize what these forums are all about. It’s about discussing, debating and sharing your thoughts, experiences and abilities. It’s perfectly healthy for people to disagree. One of the most important facets that forum people (including myself) tend to overlook is when they are wrong or shown other respectful beliefs to acknowledge these efforts professionally.

Cheers!
November 12, 2011 09:32PM
Great look forward to meeting you and spending some time at lunch or after the seminar.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login