Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HEADLIGHT RESTORATION - Wipe-On Chemical or Sand & Polish?

Posted by buda 
HEADLIGHT RESTORATION - Wipe-On Chemical or Sand & Polish?
March 24, 2012 06:27PM
If you are going to add the headlight restoration to your service offerings which would you offer:

a. The fast chemical process you wipe on and wipe off or,

b. The more involved, sand, buff and polish & protect process.

Why?

Bud Abraham
Re: HEADLIGHT RESTORATION - Wipe-On Chemical or Sand & Polish?
March 25, 2012 12:11AM
Because the "wipe on" chemical will create stress cracks in a short time after using it.
It's "attempts" to reflow the plastic of the lens, which it does, but then creates the cracking one sees after a short amount of time.
Grumpy
August 10, 2012 04:51AM
Deffinitely sand and polish, I usually start off by taping the edges of the lights with blue painters tape, the i used a spray bottle with water and 2000 grit sandpaper and lightly sand until the water turns milky white, then i go to 3000 grit and then 4000 grit, now usually you will see after that, the headlights look white, at that time look for minor scratching and snad those out, the use a medium compound and wool pad and buff until the light clears up, then use a polish and foam pad to really clear them up
August 13, 2012 09:23PM
I use the detail plus headlight restoration kit they have, and it works amazing. I have had nothing but good feedback from my customers. I follow the same steps as Adaircare and have had amazing results!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login