Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Microfiber Pads

Posted by buda 
Microfiber Pads
May 04, 2012 10:54PM
Who has used or is using the new microfiber pads that can be used to cut and/or polish?

What is your opinion?

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: Microfiber Pads
May 05, 2012 03:34AM
They are hands down the most effective, long lasting pad on the market for Dual Action polishing. Meguiar's spent several years developing them for a good reason. They were also the 1st to bring them to the mass market (successfully).

Have you tried them yet Bud?
May 05, 2012 08:05AM
great items, fantastic on the rotary too the optimum pads. definately better build quality than the meguiars ones.
May 05, 2012 07:20PM
Thanks for the replys have not used them but approached by a Manufacturer who wants us to market their product.

Had seen the Meguiars pads around but since no one was talking about them on the forums we didn't pay too much attention.

Will do an extensive test and send to some of our top detail customers

Thanks again

Bud Abraham
May 07, 2012 05:54PM
buda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Had seen the Meguiars pads around but since no one
> was talking about them on the forums we didn't pay
> too much attention.
>
Bud:
What forums are you referring to not being discussed on?

I can honestly say that I haven't noticed the Meg's MF pads not discussed on any detailing forum. It's actually been the subject of countless discussions and many have voted it as the most innovative product since the clay bar.

SVR: what kind of problems have you had with the Megs pad? I actually think the "build quality" such as the foam and backing core on them is superior in many ways.
May 07, 2012 05:58PM
The problems I have is the backing is coming off from the pads... too much heat from the machine
May 07, 2012 06:00PM
What product are you using them with?
May 07, 2012 09:44PM
I am using the Meguiars correction compound ... I suspect the problem is I should use it on dual action rather forced action... I use Festools.
May 07, 2012 10:00PM
Not sure about the forced rotation application? I could see it causing more abuse. I've had 1 pad fail on me in all the time I've been using them. And I haven't used a foam pad (for correction) since I've been using them. And I think that was because I was using a non-Meg's polishing compound.
May 19, 2012 10:12PM
the optimum compounding pads that I just got had the glue fail. however I found out that they have sorted out the problem with the next batch onwards. used the same glue as for the polishing pads which I love so much

meguiars ones I never used but have read on forums about so many of them delaminating
Meguiars are probably not interested in making the best products despite what they say. its all dollars and cents with them

I have since reglued the opt cutting pads and their all good again.
as far as machines I use all ten pad materials I have with these tools

Dynabrade 61375 and 85 polishing heads on my two Makita 9227 rotaries - 19mm orbit throw, forced rotation and random orbital switchable and random orbital only for the 75)

makita BO6030 random orbital (best machine for last step or two
Dynabrade 10390 3 inch pneumatic rotary and orbital polisher with 1 inch denibbing kit.
Dynabrade 57126 3 inch 14mm random orbital pneumatic polisher
Metabo SXE400 80mm random orbital polisher

and soon to come
a 900 watt kestrel RO polisher with 8mm orbit throw and some other new tools I've yet to buy
June 21, 2012 03:23AM
Met with one of the major auto auction companies today and learned they are exclusively using a DA tool with a microfiber cutting pad or microfiber polishing pad depending on paint finish problem and a one step product getting excellent results.

This has convinced me to offer both pads

Check our website in the next week for special introductory pricing www.detailplus.com

Bud Abraham
June 22, 2012 12:18PM
Yeah, but the auctions (Manhiem) is using Meguiars pads, not the ones you're getting from China.

I'll say this:
Before going with a final batch/design, make sure to have several (more the better) real detailers test them. I believe I know where you're getting them from and be careful. What you don't want is a bunch of returns from customers due to failure.
June 23, 2012 04:38PM
Pro-Techt

Thanks for the post. The problems with both the Meguiar's and other microfiber pads on the market, "coming apart" has been solved I am assured by my contacts in the detail industry.

As well, we do not import pads from China, all our pads are produced in the USA, as will be the microfiber pads we will add to our line.

Bud Abraham
June 29, 2012 10:58PM
about to try some british made Microfibre pads, look to be the best design so far
oli
July 06, 2012 06:38PM
I have had that problem with the foam pads from Mequiar's as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login