Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NANO SKIN

Posted by buda 
NANO SKIN
May 09, 2012 07:29AM
Anyone using the NanoSkin clay-style disk that you put on a palm sander to remove overspray and industrial pollution?

They are exhibiting here at the Car Wash Show in Las Vegas this week and they say this will eliminate the use of clay.

Quite expensive, a single pad is over $50 but they claim it will do 80 cars.

Anyone had any experience with this clay disk?

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: NANO SKIN
May 11, 2012 12:51AM
Hi Bud, Brandy here, Ist what type of lube do they use on this pad? 2nd, how do you change the surface area, clay bars you can Kneed them like play dough, then use them a few more times. I see that you can do up to fifty cars. Just wondering what you do when the surface area fills? Without seeing it in action, me invisioning it, to turn into sand paper, or something similar. Can't always get on top of things thru emails, as they don't show all of the Body Language! No critisizm here at all, just a few questions..........................................................Brandy

By the way, how the hell have you been?
Re: NANO SKIN
May 11, 2012 01:40AM
Brandy nice to hear from you. Me? I am just hanging in there, getting older, but it is better than the alternative. Always better to view the grass from the green side and not the roots.

Actually the pads are not clay in the same since of what we know as a bar. The material is bonded to a sponge type backer that has adhesive on it that allows you to attach it to a palm sander.

The material can be washed so the contaminants do not impregnate themselves into the material like clay.

As I say I have not used them only repeating what I have heard about the product. It does work, but that does not mean it will be embraced by the detailing industry as clay was. It is faster and requires less energy and the user is less fatigued when done. All positives.

I am going to get some samples from my clay producers, and will let you know.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login