Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AUTO DEALER VEHICLES

Posted by buda 
AUTO DEALER VEHICLES
February 15, 2013 03:20AM
Of you detailers who perform auto detailing services for auto dealers what do they pay you for a basic full detail? Engine, wheels, jambs, trunk clean and shampoo; complete interior clean and shampoo; buff, polish wax and final detail?

Do you charge more for SUV's, Vans, etc.

Regards

buda
Re: AUTO DEALER VEHICLES
April 27, 2013 02:05AM
I work for a Toyota dealer.. They send all used cars out to get detailed. The company charges $90.00 for a car and up to $120.00 for a van and large SUV.. They do everthing , and the cars do look very good when they come back.
April 27, 2013 04:00PM
Larry

Isn't $90 kind of low for a full detail on a passenger car? We charged $85 for that kind of work in 1985. The range for a car today should be at least $125 and more for an SUV.

Where you located?

Regards
Bud Abraham
April 29, 2013 01:26AM
Near Chicago in Westmont Ill. The detail shop is in Downers Grove
April 29, 2013 02:49AM
That is very low for Chicago. When I was training there 20 years ago an exterior hand wash was $20-$25 and with vacuum and windows, $30.
April 29, 2013 02:49AM
That is very low for Chicago. When I was training there 20 years ago an exterior hand wash was $20-$25 and with vacuum and windows, $30.
April 30, 2013 02:07AM
Their car wash is $20.00. On Ogden Ave , it is like car dealers row , and I think that detail most of them..
April 30, 2013 02:07AM
Their car wash is $20.00. On Ogden Ave , it is like car dealers row , and I think that detail most of them..
April 30, 2013 02:14AM
But at $90 a car volume does not help unless you can lower the time to do the work
May 24, 2013 03:49AM
Bud-
NFW ! ( no way ) I say you can't detail a car in less than 2 hours . In the big city, $90 would be eaten up by rent, insurance and chemical cost . You can only cut time so much .
Recently, I went through the dirty interior of a Honda Pilot SUV armed only with a cotton bath towel and a bottle of Glass Plus household glass cleaner . I wiped down all interior glass and vinyl without removing any property the owner left in the way . I skipped the console interior, glove box interior, pedals, headliner and at least one door handle recess . I did not lower the windows to clean the top edges .
Even with this hack method, it took time to do the job ; at least 15 minutes .

That doesn't count the vacuuming and trash removal, scraping off stickers, upholstery and carpet stain removal / shampoo / extraction / drying, floor mat pressure washing, compressed air blasting ( if used ), vinyl dressing, stain guard treatment and New Car Scent ( if used ) . Extra points if you use a cosmetics brush and vacuum to get the vents and dash perfect . Even better if you polish any scratchy instrument lens plastic . Finally, lets even out the seats, straighten all vents and restore all dash controls to where they were set .

That leaves the engine compartment, wheels, door jambs and all .

In the above example, I went through at least 8 ounces of Glass Plus BTW .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2013 03:50AM by Doug Delmont.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login