Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

p21s applied on "domestics"??

Posted by Ed Iverson 
I was wondering if there was any info on using the p21s cleaner and wax on cars other than German-made. I read Turboman's post saying he was going to give it a go, and was curious as to his findings. BTW, is there a cleaning polish step required prior to the Klasse all-in-one ? I'm trying to decide which to invest in for my dark green 1999 Honda Odyssey--if I gotta drive a minivan, by golly it's gonna look sharp! Thanks foor the helpful insight
-Ed
Dan
Re: p21s applied on "domestics"??
January 24, 2002 08:17AM
I would at least clay the car to remove contamination blocking the shine. Make sure you really work the Klasse in either by hand or orbital. Try using a micrfiber to remove, it comes off with no dust if you spread it thin doing this method. I use it on 85% of my customers cars. Good luck, I havent tried the P215 or whatever its called
Ed, I haven't done p21s on domestic cars yet, however given the quality of the product I wound't hesitate using it on anything. In the shop I work in, I usually use what they have on "regular" cars. But when I either do side jobs, or a customer comes in with a Benz or BMW and asks for me to do their car, I bring out my trusty bag of the good stuff......p21s ranks right at the top in my opinion...oh, by the way, I got that information from this board...It has been a great resource for me....Good Luck

Thank you for the input, Dan, and Turboman. The finish is certainly in need of claying, and I will be doing the polishing by hand. Not yet talented enough for an orbital. Again, thanks for the "map through the minefield" of car care!
-Ed
Re: p21s applied on "domestics"??
January 24, 2002 06:40PM
Ed, if I can give my little two cents to this post, if you have an orbital in reach then go for it and use it. ThereĀ“s no way you can go wrong with an orbital, it may take a little longer to do the polishing then with a rotary, but sure will do a better and most of all, quicker job...

Let us know how it worked out!

Willy

Live a beautiful life, ride a beautiful car...
Thanks for the tip, Willy; I'm planning on purchasing an orbital in the near future. It's no doubt the direction I need to go to keep the finish in top shape overall. Actually, there is a special deal at properautocare.com for a bottle of Klasse all in one and a ryobi buffer w/ a few cloths and a pad for $59.95 I know the Ryobi is nowhere near the quality of a Milwaukee or DeWalt, but I am a simple novice "weekend warrior" detail enthusiast, so it's probably the right level (and price!) for my newfound hobby. I hope the weather in Spain is as favorable as can be for a nice wash and wax!
-Ed
PIP
ORBITAL VS BUFFER
January 25, 2002 01:28AM
I AM NEW TO DETAILING WITH POWER EQUIPT RATHER THAN BY HAND. I AM SHOPPING FOR A GOOD QUALITY 11" ORBITAL AND A MIL. 7" BUFFER. SOMEONE SAID FOR CARS IN OK-GOOD SHAPE A ORBITAL IS GOOD ENOUGH................KEEP IT CLEAN...................PIP
Re: ORBITAL VS BUFFER
January 26, 2002 12:20PM
Just for the record. A few years ago I decided I would need a machine to really get the job done right. i bought a SEARS orbital on sale it was a low price item. You get what you pay for!!! for a few dollars more you will getthe right tool to get the job done, even if you just do it occassionally.

"77" was My Year!!!
Re: ORBITAL VS BUFFER
January 26, 2002 07:09PM
There isn't anything wrong with purchasing or using any of the above items that you have stated. Your main concern is how well you are experience with the tool & the products that you choose to use it with.

I have recommended many personal friends to purchase the low priced machines & they applied the right products with it & had very professional results with using it. It doesn't matter how much the product is, it's how well you use it & let the machine work for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login