Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

window stains

Posted by Eric 
window stains
January 28, 2002 10:04PM
Im sure this topic has been covered before, but I'm looking for a way to get the water stains off my windows, without scratching the hell out of them. Its a used car, and Im guessing that the previuos owners water had some type of high mineral concentration in it. These stains seemed almost etched into the glass. How bout some help?
Re: window stains
January 28, 2002 11:50PM
I have a simular problem. My stains look like acid rain drops. The car has been in central Mississippi since new?
January 29, 2002 12:47PM
GUYS, SINCE I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS, DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU DO FUTHER RESEARCH hopefully someone that has had this happen in the past will comment for you. I would try mineral spirits, it won't harm or scratch the surfuce. since its a cleaner and dries fast it might remove the stains. Something that I use after you get the glass clean is a simple glass wax. I never even knew their was such a prodcut available. I used rain-x before, but glass wax beats the hell out of rain-x, and gives the glass better protection as well. Here's the good part, it cost about 1.99 for a quart of it at Ace hradware. good luck!

January 29, 2002 03:12PM
You can also use the glass wax on the inside windows to clean them streak free but it's a lot of work on the long sloping front and back winshields. I've used the glass wax for years and now use the Sprayway at Toddco's advice for the inside windows and leave the glass wax for the outside. You are correct, it's good stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login