Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sealant

Posted by allan 
Sealant
February 02, 2002 04:25PM
So what are some of the better sealants on the market?
Dan
Re: Sealant
February 02, 2002 06:45PM
Meguairs polymer#20, Zaino, Klasse all in one with the sealant glaze, even NuFinish is "ok" for the price,Valugaurd's OEM one step.... anyone else have any in mind?
February 03, 2002 06:43AM
You forgot my favorites, Finish First and Liquid Glass.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Dan
February 03, 2002 03:42PM
Don, how would you compare finish first and liquid glass to Klasse all in one? Are these one step products?
February 03, 2002 04:58PM
Liquid Glass has some mild cleaners in it, and Finish First has 7% of the Finish Prep 'emulsive' (non abrasive, disolves dirt) cleaner in it.

Both work best on a 'prepared' surface, meaning one that has minimal oxidation. On a new/like new car they can be used as a one-step, but I still prefer to do a good buffing with Meguiars #7 or Step 2 polish prior to using either one. That way I KNOW the surface is clean and the LG/FF have nothing between them and the paint to prevent the 'bonding' that lets them work their best.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 04, 2002 12:30PM
I used a "generic" one that a dealer gave me over the weekend to try. I wish I knew who makes it, anyway I had a almost new 320 black benz that the owner wanted some good protection put on it. After I cleaned it good, I tested it first inside the door. It looked good so I applied it to the entire car. Let it dry an hour (while I worked interior work) and wipped it off. I WAS IMPRESSED. Then I used my favorite wax (p21s, thanks to Todd) and when I looked at the finish I could count the hairs on my face!!!! It was that reflective. Thanks to this board, the sealant is part of my inventory now. Thanks guys! Tm

February 04, 2002 03:15PM
Dan & Don hit the nail on the head with the Liquid Glass & Meguiars #20 along with Klasse for the good sealants. The choice with well spoken words.
Dan
February 04, 2002 04:02PM
Chances are that the sealant you picked up from the dealer is a Valugaurd product, they dont label them, and none of the knuckleheads inside the facility will be able to tell you a thing about the product. Valugaurd supplies product to all of the big three. It was probably OEM one step sealant you used, great stuff but hard to wipe off! Am I right?, let me know dude.
February 04, 2002 04:26PM
Dan, actually it came off with ease.......maybe the longer you let it set up the harder it comes off.....I didn't wait for hours like I should probably...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login