Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No dirty wash mitts

Posted by Dan 
Dan
No dirty wash mitts
February 03, 2002 06:16AM
Some really anal types like myself are always thinking. In your five gallon bucket place a cut out dome shape chicken wire piece to fit at the bottom of the bucket. This will allow any grit to fall to the bottom and stay there with your mitt elevated off the bottom out of the grit and always in nice clean car wash shampoo. I hope that made sense, have fun using this method!
Re: No dirty wash mitts
February 03, 2002 08:12PM
A great idea, but I prefer the two bucket method. A few weeks ago when I posted my micro scratch problem, post washing, the two bucket method was recommended. I use a very soft long handled brush, after I swipe the car, I dip in the clean water bucket and shake it, than load up with shampoo and go back at it.
Do you prefer the mitt to wash?

Bill
February 03, 2002 10:24PM
The two bucket method was mentioned on a car show about five years ago and I have been using it ever since. Personally, I would save the brushes for the wheels and tires and get a good sheepskin wash mitt. I have read now where they are recomending two wash mitts. One for the cleaner areas top, hood and trunk, and another for the rougher side areas. I can't see any advantage to this as long as you clean your wash mitt after each use.
February 03, 2002 10:49PM
Prior to storing your mitt away. Make sure all of the remaining soap is out of the mitt so you can prolong it's life span & get every bit out of it. Happy Cleaning!
February 03, 2002 10:52PM
The chicken wire is the tip of the day. Dan had mentioned this tip on the previous board & gets all the credit for this one. A tip well taken & comes in handy more than once.
Dan
February 04, 2002 05:25AM
After caring for customers cars weekly, I have switched from sheepskin to chenile. I found that the sheepskin does not release the dirt as well. In other words, I am getting less to no car washing marks with chennile. The two bucket thing is cool for the home, but in a working environment having two buckets to lug around seems like a pain.

Just my thoughts
Dan
February 04, 2002 05:28AM
Thank you for your kind words. I will continue to post the "little things" that will help others and leave my attitude at home. Thanks for listening!
February 05, 2002 05:04PM
I have used the chenille before, only complaint I have with them is that after I use them a few times, I can't seem to get them looking clean. They didn't seem to be as white as the were when they were new. Maybe just a mental thing but they just didn't LOOK clean to me. How do you clean yours?
Dan
February 06, 2002 12:08AM
To be honest, some of you are going to yell at me, I never wash them, I never need to. With the screen in place to keep he grit at the bottom of the budcket, I never have a dirty or discolored mitt, and I do keep the mitt in the bucket 24-7-365.
February 06, 2002 01:21AM
Thanks for the tip, Toddco 3:16
February 06, 2002 04:12PM
I WON'T YELL AT YOU. Sorry, I just couldn't let that one pass. Thanks for the tip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login