Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHAT IS IT?

Posted by turboman 
WHAT IS IT?
February 04, 2002 12:21PM
With today's technology constantly changing in the auto industry, I see more and more new cars coming in with molding/trim and such that I'm not 100% sure what it's made from. That makes it hard (if not impossible) to use the correct product on it. Someone said in an early post that the new issuzo has more "other stuff" on it than paint. How can I determine if's it's plastic/hard or soft rubber? painted metal? or some thing else? thanks...tm

Re: WHAT IS IT?
February 04, 2002 12:44PM
You just have to try different products on small (preferably hidden) areas to see what works best. On my wife's, grandmother's neon, the bumpers are color molded, textured plastic. The texture makes waxing it difficult with marginal results. I found I had to use vinyl dressing on it.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 04, 2002 03:10PM
Don,

Is that the same Neon that belonged to you with that other call sign? Congrats. on your new vehicle!
February 04, 2002 03:13PM
Nope, THAT neon is gone, This is a red, 1996 Expresso, color molded plastic front & rear bumpers. Waxing makes it look like sh^t, too much texture. All I can do is dress them.

Thanks btw, this new one is sweet, tons more torque than the neon AND factory limited slip.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login