Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new idea, or?????

Posted by turboman 
new idea, or?????
February 04, 2002 02:46PM
I just started to do something that I think is unique in our business. How many times have you guys heard a customer come in and say "how much for a detail'? we all know their are different levels, from wax only, polish and wax, interior, how much buffing is required, labor. From now I provide a detailed (no pun intened) sheet of exactly what each service is. Then after the work is done, I give the customer a "certification of completion" that describes everything done on the car. Most people are clueless about the time and labor involved in a complete detail. I also believe people should keep the same records of this type of maintenance just as they do for engine work (I found that the exotic owners really like this) I put the date/ owners name/ type of car/ year/ miliage....and all that was done. Maybe you guys are already doing something similar. The more you can do, and prove your really care about their car, the more they want to come back...make sense? t minus one week to auto show! what can I tell my wife to make her understand that I need more than one day to see it all!!!tm

Re: new idea, or?????
February 04, 2002 02:52PM
No, the idea is not new, but not too many places offer an 'itemized' list of all the steps involved and completed on each detail job. I DO feel that completing such a form for each detail job, can be a step in the right direction in making the customer feel more secure in the fact that they are dealing with someone who knows what they are doing.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 04, 2002 02:57PM
It's a great idea as we have been doing that for the last twenty something years. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Without that, you will be unable to conduct a business. Keep up the good work & keep the ideas coming.
Dan
February 04, 2002 04:10PM
They ahve a great checkoff sheet on Valugaurds web page to help serve as a guide.
February 07, 2002 09:06AM
WHAT IS THE NAME OF WEB SITE I'D LIKE TO CHECK THEM OUT.
Dan
February 08, 2002 05:37AM
TRY THE SEARCH BUTTON
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login