Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Visual Inspection prior....

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Prior to doing any detailing or maintenance on a customer's vehicle, it is a very good idea to put in writing a visual inspection report on the vehicle prior to doing any work on it.

In the past I had taken pictures of dents, scrapes, etc. to prior doing any detailing on a vehicle. This is mainly due to some customers can be dishonest & tell you where did that dent come from. "It wasn't there when I dropped off my car to you" This way you have proof in your hands.

With today's digital camera technology, it comes in handy. If no camera work is handy or unavailable, simple paper work & also taking the owner around the vehicle & making any notes such as dents before the owner leaves & also having him or her sign a release to the above items will save you in a court of law. Just something to think about! Better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Visual Inspection prior....
February 06, 2002 01:59PM
Todd, good point. I take pictures after my work is done and get doubles when I process. (its not only a few pennies more for 2's) I mail the picture to the customer in about 2 months or so to remind them of what it looked like when they had me detail it. The intent is that when they see it, they come back!

Dan
Re: Visual Inspection prior....
February 06, 2002 04:27PM
Nothing but good info on that post, why have an insurance claim if you dont have to have one? Detail safe all ya all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login