Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ground in dirt on the new style floor mats

Posted by Chris Miller 
Ground in dirt on the new style floor mats
February 07, 2002 07:22PM
Im having trouble getting those real tough deep ground in stains out of the floor mats. mostly on the drivers side.
Re: Ground in dirt on the new style floor mats
February 07, 2002 08:19PM
I like to throw mine in the washing machine. Although I am not a pro, so I only do this every once in a while.
February 07, 2002 08:49PM
If you don't have access to an extration machine, spray the mat with a mixture of 50% Castrol Super Clean & water, with one scoop of OXIClean (in a 32 oz bottle). Let it soak for several minutes, then scrub with a stiff brush. Hang the mat over a clothes line or fence and rinse the hell out of it with the garden hose (a high pressure hose at a self serve wash would be excellent).

Repeat until you're satisfied, or it's as clean as it will get.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 08, 2002 08:45PM
thanks don m for the advice, i have a job for this afternoon and i will use your tip. ive also been hearing a lot of good things about the castrol super clean. im gonna pick up a bottle today and give your method a try. ive been using the oxi-clean by its self and it was doing the job but i just couldnt get the real deep stuff up. thanks again and i will leave a message on how it turns out

Chris Miller
Chris's Car Care
Vallejo Ca.
February 09, 2002 06:50AM
The oxi-clean works as a stand alone cleaner AND as a detergent BOOSTER. You should see some of the laundry stains I have gotten out using the 50/50 water/Super clean mix with a scoop of oxi thrown in.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 11, 2002 07:14PM
don just a quick note to let you know how it went this weekend. i started out friday with a lexus that was kept up like a dirt halling truck. so it was quite a job. the first thing i did was the floor mats i made my mixture of the oxi-clean, super-clean and also added my carpet shampoo that i use normally. i scrubed the mats let them sit for about 5 min. then i hit the mats with my pressure washer and i was very happy with the out come. i just want to thank you again im made my job a hole lot better and faster. i will be coming to you for more advise as needed thanks again.

Chris Miller
Chris's Car Care
Vallejo Ca.
February 12, 2002 05:47AM
Glad I could help

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 15, 2002 12:04AM
Don't mix anything- Go to your local auto part store and buy a can of
Lifter-1. It's great stuff and easy to use also. I haven't run across a stain that I couldn't get out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login