Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Shop Vac vacuum filter maintenance...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Keeping your paper filter element or foam element clean will provide the most power out of your shop vac system. There are many forms of elements such as the bag system along with the cartridge system also along with the foam cartridge system. For water pick up, remember to remove the bag element & either switch to the foam element or the paper cartridge system to maintain optium performance of extracting any cleaners from carpets.
Dan
Re: Shop Vac vacuum filter maintenance...
February 09, 2002 04:29PM
I think you already nailed it, but I just bought a $24.99 filter for my rigid shop vac, its supposed to be the "K & N" of shop vac filters, washable and breathable, and nothing really sticks to it either. Just my two cents.
February 09, 2002 04:40PM
For 'wet' work, my wet/dry vac wears panty hose winking smiley Seriously, I have an old pair of the wife's knee highs that fits over the filter canister and when wet, it catches the dirt/hair etc nicely. & the dirtier it gets, the better it works.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Don,

You must have the best looking shop vac in the country! What's her measurements?
February 10, 2002 06:10AM
Picture R2-D2, but shorter, green, with a LOOONG flexible ribbed (for his pleasure) suction hose, an off-white/grey carrying handle and 4 wheels winking smiley

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Sounds like my ex-wife, that was an easy fix....she was replaced with a new model, no pun intended! thanks again for the panyhose tip, I'll give it a try.
February 11, 2002 06:36AM
Toddco

You might want to get a longer pair than the knee highs. That way, you can "bunch up" the material over the filter canister for better performance.

My extraction machine is the BISSEL "Big Green Clean Machine," and it has a "cage" with a plastic ball, that plugs the vacuum port when the water level reaches a certain point. I put the panty hose over the 'cage' where the standard filter used to be. I also use this as my 'dry' filter, but I wet it down first. It's worked great for almost 5 years.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login